A solar system is a system that consists of the sun and the object revolving around it.
When we look at the sky, we see several things that are very far from us like the stars twinkling at night, the moon, the sun, etc. All these bodies including us are part of the universe. The universe is extremely very vast. We live on Earth which is a small planet in this universe. Like Earth, there are several other celestial bodies bonded together in an arranged manner that forms a system known as the Solar System. It is believed that this system was formed about five million years ago from a huge explosion.Well, today we will discuss the solar system in detail.
Ten Lines on Solar System in English
Here, I’m providing ten lines on Solar System in the form of sets. This topic is useful for students of classes 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. This topic is also useful for students preparing for different competitive exams.
1) Gravitationally bounded planetary objects which orbit the sun make up the solar system.
2) Our solar system is part of the Milky Way Galaxy.
3) It is originated 4.6 billion years ago from a collapse of interstellar gas and dust cloud.
4) Sun covers the major part of our solar system.
5) Our solar system consists of 8 planets.
6) There are about 200 moons found in our solar system.
7) The 8 planets of the solar system are Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune.
8) The largest planet in our solar system is Jupiter, whereas Mercury is the smallest.
9) Earth is the only planet in the solar system where life exists.
10) The model of our solar system is heliocentric, the sun is located in the center of the known universe.
1) Mars, the second smallest planet of our solar system is also known as the red planet.
2) There found a torus-shaped region between Mars and Jupiter which is termed as the Asteroid belt.
3) In our solar system various dwarf planets (like Pluto) also revolve around the sun.
4) The planetary object in the solar system consists of gas and ice giants, terrestrial planets and dwarf planets, etc.
5) Jupiter, a gas giant is the largest planet in the solar system.
6) Besides the sun and the planets there are several other bodies like asteroids, satellites, etc in our solar system.
7) Venus, the second nearest to the sun is considered the hottest planet of our solar system.
8) Moons revolve around the planets found in the solar system.
9) Largest moon of our solar system is Ganymede, which is the moon of Jupiter.
10) Planets of the solar system revolves around the sun in an anti-clockwise direction (except Venus)
The solar system plays an important role in determining various concepts about its presence. The study of the solar system, planets, and things related to them is known as Astronomy. Scientists are involved in studying these planetary bodies to find out the evolution of life on the planets. They are also researching about life on planets other than Earth. NASA, the national aeronautical agency is responsible for exploring the study of the solar system.
I hope the above given ten points on Solar System will be useful for you to know the various aspects of this topic.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Solar System
Ans. The International Astronomical Union (IAU) has considered Pluto as a dwarf planet because it didn’t meet the criteria of being a whole sized planet.
Ans. The Proxima Centauri is the nearest star to our Solar System.