Humayun tomb is the mausoleum of the Mughal emperor Humayun.
We all are well aware of the story of the Taj Mahal. We know that Shah Jahan built the Taj Mahal in memory of his wife Mumtaz Mahal. Taj Mahal represents the standing symbol of love. Have you heard about a monument built in memory of husband? Yes, there is a Mughal monument built by a wife in memory of her husband. However, this was built before the Taj Mahal. Yes, we are talking about Humayun Tomb. Let’s have a detailed look at it.
Ten Lines on Humayun Tomb in English
Here, I’m providing ten lines on Humayun Tomb in the form of sets. This topic is useful for students of all classes. It is also helpful for other people who want to collect information regarding the tomb.
1) The Humayun tomb is located in Nizamuddin East, Delhi India.
2) Humayun tomb is the tomb of the second Mughal ruler Humayun.
3) Empress Bega Begum ordered the construction of the Humayun tomb, which cost 1.5 million rupees.
4) In 1993, the tomb was registered on the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
5) Mirak Mirza Ghiyas, is the Persian architect of the Humayun tomb.
6) It took 7 years for the construction of the tomb starting in 1565 and completed in 1572.
7) The building of the Humayun tomb is spread over an area of 10 hectares.
8) Red sandstone, yellow and black marble are used in the construction of this mausoleum.
9) In proximity to the Dargah of the Sufi Saint Nizamuddin Auliya, lies the tomb of Humayun on the banks of Yamuna.
10) About 160 tombs are buried inside Humayun’s tomb.
1) On the Indian subcontinent, the first garden tomb was the Humayun tomb.
2) The two-storied mausoleum is located on a massive platform with a height of about 7 meters.
3) Bega Begum was very grieved from his husband’s death and decided to build his tomb.
4) The entry of the Humayun tomb is mounted by two double-storied gateways.
5) No mosque can be seen at the site of the Humayun tomb.
6) The visit to the tomb is allowed from sunrise to sunset.
7) Humayun’s tomb is considered the inspiration for the construction of the Taj Mahal.
8) Humayun tomb is among the few best preserved Mughal monuments.
9) It was constructed nine years after his death on 27 January 1556.
10) The garden is square-shaped with a tomb standing in the four central squares.
Delhi apart from being the capital city of India is famous for many reasons. Delhi is the heart of Mughal architecture. Many Mughals monuments like Qutub Minar, Jama Masjid, Fatehpur Sikri, etc can be seen in this city. In the famous Humayun Tomb during the sepoy mutiny in 1857, Bahadur Shah Zafar had taken refuge along with others.
I hope the above given ten points on Humayun Tomb will be helpful for you to know the various aspects of this place.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Humayun Tomb
Ans. The entry fee for Indian citizens is INR 35, whereas for foreigners it is INR 550.
Ans. The Humayun Tomb is now owned by the Archaeological Survey of India.