Hawa Mahal is a palace in Jaipur where people visit from different areas.
There are many places to visit in India. Have you visited ‘the pink city of India’? Jaipur also known as the pink city of India is famous for its rich culture and tradition. People from different parts of the world come to enjoy the beautiful atmosphere of this place. There are many places to visit in this city, one of them is Hawa Mahal. Today, we will discuss this beautiful palace in short.
Ten Lines on Hawa Mahal in English
Here, I’m presenting ten lines on Hawa Mahal in the form of sets. This topic is useful for everyone who wants to know the details of Hawa Mahal in a short period of time.
1) Hawa Mahal is a palace situated in Jaipur, the pink city of India.
2) ‘Palace of Breeze’ and ‘Palace of the winds’ are the other names of Hawa Mahal.
3) The red and pink sediment stones are used in the construction of this palace.
4) Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh, ruler of Jaipur is responsible for constructing this palace.
5) The palace is pyramidal in shape with a height of approx. 50 feet.
6) Lal Chand Ustad is the man behind the architecture of Hawa Mahal.
7) In 1799, Hawa Mahal was built with Rajput and Mughal architecture.
8) Hawa Mahal consists of 753 Jharokhas or small windows.
9) Hawa Mahal is a five-storey palace that looks like a honeycomb with small portholes.
10) The palace contains a special courtyard from where queens can see the festivals or street scenes without being observed by the public.
1) Hawa Mahal is located approximately 300 km from Delhi, the capital of India.
2) After 50 years of gap, the palace was renovated in 2006.
3) Khetri Mahal was the inspiration for the building of Hawa Mahal.
4) The high number of windows allows air to blow in the palace, making it suitable for summers.
5) Sarai Pratap Singh was a great devotee of Lord Krishna; hence the palace is constructed in the shape of Lord Krishna’s crown.
6) The morning sun illuminates the palace and is the best time to visit the palace.
7) Vichitra Mandir, Prakash Mandir, and Hawa Mandir are the three top storeys of Hawa Mahal.
8) Visitors can enjoy an archeological museum inside the Hawa Mahal.
9) The top floor of the palace does not have any stairs; it was made for queens’ palanquins.
10) Hawa Mahal gives you a beautiful view of Jaipur city.
The city of Jaipur is the center of tourist attraction because of the Hawa Mahal. It is also considered as the heart of Jaipur. However, visitors can enjoy other nearby places like Nahargarh Fort, Jantar Mantar, Amer Fort, etc. The pink color of the fort mixes it with the historic significance of the place. There are some ticket charges for entering the palace.
I hope the above given ten points on Hawa Mahal will be helpful for you to know the significance of this palace.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Hawa Mahal
Ans. Jai Singh II was the founder of Jaipur from where the city got its name.
Ans. The city is known as the pink city because of the color of the stones used in the construction of many structures.
Ans. The archeological department of the Government of Rajasthan is responsible for maintaining the Mahal.