The first person who gave the concept of the Computer and was also considered as the father of computers was Charles Babbage.
We live in an advanced generation time, where people uses mobile phone every day. Most of the works are possible only through mobile phones and computers. Nowadays, computers became an essential part of our livelihood. Can you imagine the time, when there is nothing like the computer system? The lives of the people were very difficult. All these difficulties were removed by the emergence of the computer system. Do you know who invented the computer system? Let us have a look at the father of the computer.
Ten Lines on Charles Babbage in English
Here, I’m providing ten lines on Father of Computer in the form of sets. This topic is useful for students of classes 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. This topic is also useful for people who are unaware of the facts related to him.
1) Charles Babbage is entitled as the father of the computer.
2) In London, Charles Babbage was born on 26 December 1791, Monday.
3) Charles Babbage was the son of Benjamin Babbage and Betsy Plumleigh Teape.
4) The concept of the first digital programmable computer was given by Charles Babbage.
5) He was a great mathematician, inventor, and mechanical engineer by profession.
6) He contributed his idea in different fields of science and mathematics.
7) The first model of calculating engine (Difference Engine 1) was developed in 1822 by Charles Babbage.
8) Babbage is also credited with the invention of the Analytical Engine.
9) It was 18 October 1871 Wednesday, when Babbage took his last breath in London.
10) One half of his brain is displayed in the Science museum while the other is preserved in London at the Hunterian Museum in the Royal College of Surgeons.
1) The incomplete works of Babbage are displayed in London’s Science museum.
2) Some films and fiction work also depicted the work of Charles Babbage.
3) Charles Babbage gained his education from Cambridge University.
4) Babbage was married to Georgiana Whitmore.
5) Babbage gave the concept of the inventions but failed to invent many in his lifetime.
6) A calculator that can compute up to 8 decimals was invented by him.
7) In 1816, he became a fellow of the Royal Society of London.
8) His other inventions include a type of speedometer and locomotive cowcatcher.
9) He was also awarded the Gold Medal of the Royal Astronomical Society.
10) In the 1990s, a locomotive was named after him by the British Rail.
Today, computers are used in each and every field of work moreover; they are useful for people of all ages. Different people use computers for different tasks. Thousands of numeric calculations can be done in a few seconds using a computer. Computers are available in different types and forms according to their capability. Therefore, the person who resolved most of the complicated work through his invention is not less than God for the technological field. We need to salute the mindset of this genius who gave us the computer.
I hope the above given ten points on Father of Computer will be useful for you to know the various hidden facts related to Charles Babbage.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Father of Computer
Ans. Henry Edward Roberts coined the term ‘Personal Computer’ and was considered the father of Personal Computer. He was also responsible for releasing Altair 8800.
Ans. Ada Lovelace, an English mathematician is considered as the Mother of Computer.