Many of us have seen sharks on the TV channels that how a shark slowly goes behind its prey and hunts it. Sharks are one of the big fishes in seas and oceans that have a very frightening look. They have an attacking nature and the ability to kill humans also. Sharks mainly live in seas and oceans as they eat sea animals. Sometimes they also eat other animals or humans who come close to the seas and oceans. Sharks have an excellent capacity for smelling and hearing, due to this ability, they sense their prey from very far places.
Sharks have different species and can be found in almost every part of the world which is surrounded by either sea or ocean. Sharks also have the ability to damage small boats which fisherman uses to catch fishes.
Ten Lines on Shark in English
We have provided a set of ten lines on shark in English. After going through these lines, you will know what a shark is, what is the colour of sharks, what is the physical structure of a shark, what a shark eats, how sharks hunt, which shark eats dead animals in the sea, which shark attacks human, how sharks help in ocean cleaning etc.
You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in your school competition. Apart from your academics it will also increase you knowledge on sharks which could also be used in various quiz competitions.
10 Lines on Shark
1) A shark is a bigger, frightening and attacking aquatic animal of the sea.
2) The colours of sharks may range from dark blue to grey or brown with a white belly.
3) Shark has a long, slim and a straight body which helps it to swim fast and to go deep inside the water.
4) A shark has two powerful tail fins which look like the wings.
5) Sharks have big jaws which contains lots of sharp pointed teeth due to which the shark catches its prey easily.
6) Sharks are the carnivorous animal and they eat fishes, aquatic animals and other living creatures of the sea and they sometimes attack human beings also.
7) Sharks attack their prey suddenly giving no chance for the prey to run from the spot.
8) White Sharks generally feed on hunting but they also eat the dead animals which lie in the sea.
9) ‘Great White Shark’, ‘Tiger Shark’ and ‘Bull Shark’ are the most dangerous sharks with a very attacking nature.
10) Sharks eat a number of things lying in the sea and they help in the natural cleaning of the seas and the oceans.
10 Lines and Sentences on Shark
1) There are around 350 different species of sharks known to us.
2) The largest shark is the ‘Whale Shark’ having a length of 46 feet and the smallest shark is ‘Dwarf Lantern Shark’ having a length of only 6 feet.
3) ‘Massive Megalodon’ was the largest shark having the length of 50 feet, which lived around 16 million years ago.
4) ‘Goblin Shark’ was the oldest species of shark which lived 120 million years ago, followed by ‘Frilled Shark’ which lived around 80 million years ago.
5) The habitat of sharks differs with species; some sharks live in coastal regions while others live deep inside the ocean.
6) Sharks have an excellent sense of hearing and they can hear their prey from 3000 feet away.
7) Sharks do not have vocal cords inside their neck, so they don’t produce any kind of voice, that’s why they are known as ‘Silent Killer’.
8) Size of sharks also matters when they hunt, small sharks hunt close to the ocean surface whereas big sharks can hunt in the middle as well as deep inside the sea.
9) The fins of sharks are highly used in medicinal purposes which make them prone to hunting.
10) Around 100 million sharks are hunted illegally every year which has highly reduced their population.
5 Lines on Shark
1) Shark is the scariest fish.
2) They live in oceans.
3) They have powerful jaws.
4) There are many types of sharks.
5) They can be blue, grey, or brown.
20 Lines on Shark
1) Shark is a cartilaginous fish with the scariest look.
2) It cannot survive in fresh water and is found in every ocean of the world.
3) There are approximately 400 living species of shark fish in the world.
4) Shark is of blue, white, grey, brown, yellow, slate color depending upon its species.
5) The gill slits in the shark are open and present on the side of its head.
6) It is of carnivorous nature and feeds on fishes and other sea animals.
7) The body of a shark consists of cartilages and connective tissues rather than the skeleton.
8) The reproduction in sharks is carried on sexually as well as asexually.
9) It gives birth to few developed young ones instead of several undeveloped offspring.
10) Sharks exhibit social behavior and tend to live in large schools.
11) Sharks earlier known as sea dogs belong to the order Selachii.
12) River shark and bull shark are species of shark that can live in freshwater.
13) Sharks lack rib cage and their body is very flexible.
14) The teeth in sharks get replaced several times in its life.
15) The intestine of the shark is very small like a tube with several turns within the tube that facilitate proper digestion.
16) Shortfin mako shark is the fastest species of shark with a traveling speed of 50km/hr.
17) Swim bladders are absent in sharks and their liver is filled with oil that acts as a gas bladder.
18) Shark has a good smelling and hearing sense that helps it in catching its prey.
19) The whale shark is the largest among all species measuring 12 meters approximately while the dwarf lantern shark of about 17 inches is the smallest.
20) Human activities and the overfishing of sharks are major causes of the reduction of the shark population in the world.
Sharks are very dangerous aquatic animals and they are found all over the world, mainly in the seas and oceans. Every year about 100 million sharks are hunted illegally, mostly for their meat and fins. Sharks have an important role in balancing the aquatic ecosystem, by eating small animals and other dead animals in the sea. They help in cleaning the nature and environment of the seas and oceans and maintain a clean and balanced ecosystem.