Many of us have seen sharks on the TV channels that how a shark slowly goes behind its prey and hunts it. Sharks are one of big fishes in seas and oceans having a very frightening look. They have an attacking nature and the ability to kill humans also. Sharks mainly live in seas and oceans as they eat sea animals. Sometimes they also eat other animals or humans whichever come close to the seas and oceans. Sharks have an excellent capacity of smelling and hearing, due to this ability, they sense their prey from very far places.
Sharks have different species and can be found in almost every part of the world which is surrounded by either sea or ocean. Sharks also have the ability to damage small boats which fisherman uses to catch fishes.
Ten Lines on Shark in English
We have provided a set of ten lines on shark in English. After going through these lines, you will know what a shark is, what is the colour of sharks, what is the physical structure of a shark, what a shark eats, how sharks hunt, which shark eats dead animals in the sea, which shark attacks human, how sharks help in ocean cleaning etc.
You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in your school competition. Apart from your academics it will also increase you knowledge on sharks which could also be used in various quiz competitions.
10 Lines on Shark – Set 1
1) A shark is a bigger, frightening and attacking aquatic animal of the sea.
2) The colours of sharks may range from dark blue to grey or brown with a white belly.
3) Shark has a long, slim and a straight body which helps it to swim fast and to go deep inside the water.
4) A shark has two powerful tail fins which look like the wings.
5) Sharks have big jaws which contains lots of sharp pointed teeth due to which the shark catches its prey easily.
6) Sharks are the carnivorous animal and they eat fishes, aquatic animals and other living creatures of the sea and they sometimes attack human beings also.
7) Sharks attack their prey suddenly giving no chance for the prey to run from the spot.
8) White Sharks generally feed on hunting but they also eat the dead animals which lie in the sea.
9) ‘Great White Shark’, ‘Tiger Shark’ and ‘Bull Shark’ are the most dangerous sharks with a very attacking nature.
10) Sharks eat a number of things lying in the sea and they help in the natural cleaning of the seas and the oceans.
We have also provided another set of ten lines on shark. After going through these lines, you will come to know as how many different species of sharks are there, which is the longest and the shortest shark, which shark was the longest in ancient times, which shark species were oldest in ancient time, where do sharks live, why they are called silent killer, why size of sharks matters, why sharks are hunted by humans etc.
These lines will be very much helpful in amplifying your knowledge on sharks and help you in many quiz competition or GK exam. You can also add these lines in your speeches, essays or extempore in your school competition.
10 Lines on Shark – Set 2
1) There are around 350 different species of sharks known to us.
2) The largest shark is the ‘Whale Shark’ having a length of 46 feet and the smallest shark is ‘Dwarf Lantern Shark’ having a length of only 6 feet.
3) ‘Massive Megalodon’ was the largest shark having the length of 50 feet, which lived around 16 million years ago.
4) ‘Goblin Shark’ was the oldest species of shark which lived 120 million years ago, followed by ‘Frilled Shark’ which lived around 80 million years ago.
5) The habitat of sharks differs with species; some sharks live in coastal regions while others live deep inside the ocean.
6) Sharks have an excellent sense of hearing and they can hear their prey from 3000 feet away.
7) Sharks do not have vocal cords inside their neck, so they don’t produce any kind of voice, that’s why they are known as ‘Silent Killer’.
8) Size of sharks also matters when they hunt, small sharks hunt close to the ocean surface whereas big sharks can hunt in the middle as well as deep inside the sea.
9) The fins of sharks are highly used in medicinal purposes which make them prone to hunting.
10) Around 100 million sharks are hunted illegally every year which has highly reduced their population.
Sharks are very dangerous aquatic animal and they are found all-over the world, mainly in the seas and oceans. Every year about 100 million sharks are hunted illegally, mostly for their meat and fins. Sharks have an important role in balancing the aquatic ecosystem, by eating small animals and other dead animals in the sea. They help in cleaning the nature and environment of the seas and oceans and maintain a clean and balanced ecosystem.