The Indian literature is one of the oldest literatures in the world. India is the only country which has 22 different languages mentioned in its Constitution. Many great authors from India like Munshi Premchand, Ravindra Nath Tagore, Kalidas, Sarat Chand Chatopadhyay, Mahadevi Verma and many other have influenced the whole world with their literary works.
The Sahitya Akademi Award is an award in India which honours one for contributing to Indian literary art, preserving and promoting it. It is not less than an award for love and respect to nation and its art. We will read in detail about this award below:
Ten Lines on Sahitya Akademi Award in English
We have created a set of 10 lines on Sahitya Akademi Award in English. This set is a quick review on the topic. It is created to provide you all important information on the topic without wasting much time. The language of the set is easy and adaptable.
10 Lines on Sahitya Akademi Award - Set 1
1) Sahitya Akademi Award is a literary award and is presented for one’s contribution in Indian Literature.
2) This award was established by the Government of India in year 1954.
3) Sahitya Akademi Award is the 2nd highest literary award in India.
4) R. K. Narayana was the first recipient of Sahitya Akademi Award.
5) Sahitya Akademi is working on promoting literary arts in 24 languages in India.
6) 24 people every year are awarded with Sahitya Akademi Award each in 24 different languages recognised by Sahitya Akademi Institute.
7) The 24 languages of Sahitya Akademi comprise 22 constitutional languages in addition to two other languages which are English and Rajasthani.
8) The Sahitya Akademi Award and its activities are monitored from its head office in New Delhi.
9) Sahitya Akademi has also its own library with works in all 24 languages that have ever been recognised.
10) If any of the given languages fails to provide a recommendable work in his field then there no award presented in that language.
We are providing you another set of 10 points on Sahitya Akademi Award created with some extra, important and relevant information. The language of the set is maintained on basic level. The contents are provided in easy language for the convenience of the reader.
10 Lines on Sahitya Akademi Award - Set 2
1) If any two literatures of different authors stand on the same merit then the award will be distributed considering the author and his contributions.
2) The Sahitya Akademi Award is distributed to the Indian Authors only.
3) An author will be considered to be awarded posthumously only if he has died within 5 years of the year of award’s stipulated time.
4) The award for Sahitya Akademi consist a beautiful copper Plaque and a cash prize of Rs. 1,00,000.
5) The famous film-maker ‘Satyajit Ray’ has designed the plaque of Sahitya Akademi Award.
6) The Executive Board decides the date and place for Award distribution.
7) The posthumous award is distributed to the spouse of the awardees or any of his legal heirs.
8) A shawl is also conferred to the people being awarded with Sahitya Akademi Award.
9) Award in a particular language is considered only if there are minimum three books from that language in the final selection list.
10) The Sahitya Akademi organisation was established on 7th January 1956 and works autonomously.
The Sahitya Akademi award, as mentioned earlier, is a literary award ranking 2nd position in Indian Literary Awards. Gyanpith Award (also Jnanpith Award) is the highest ranking award for Indian Literary works. India Literatures are the chief sources of history of India, its arts, cultures and traditions and so they should me motivated and rewarded time to time.