Cricket is the most loved sport in the whole world which came to India in 1700s and was first played in 1721. If we talk about Cricket in India then the first name that comes in our mind is ‘Sachin Tendulkar’. Sachin Tendulkar is regarded as the ‘God of Cricket’ not only in India but also in many other countries. Sachin has created many records and milestones to follow the next generation. Reading about Sachin Tendulkar is not less than an inspiration that we can do through the sets below.
Ten Lines on Sachin Tendulkar
1) Sachin Tendulkar has been one of the greatest Indian cricket players.
2) He was born in Mumbai district of Maharashtra state in India on 24th April 1973.
3) His mother Rajni worked in Insurance Company while his father Ramesh Tendulkar was a Marathi poet and novelist.
4) Sachin had an interest in Tennis since his childhood and his favorite player was ‘John McEnroe’.
5) He went for cricket in 1984 and was guided by famous Indian Cricket Coach Ramakant Achrekar.
6) Sachin appeared in Ranji Trophy on 14th November 1987 representing Bombay (Mumbai).
7) Sachin scored a century in his debut Ranji, Deodhar and Duleep Trophies.
8) Sachin made his Test debut on 15th November 1989 scoring 15 runs against Pakistan.
9) Also, his ODI debut was against Pakistan on 18th December 1989 in which he couldn’t hit a single run.
10) Sachin Tendulkar took the retirement from all forms of Cricket on 16th November 2013.
Another set of 10 lines on Sachin Tendulkar is provided below. The below set is created with some additional facts presented through some special points for you. We have kept the language of the set very simple and easy to understand to make it useful for the reader of lower classes as well as higher classes. So let’s have a look at the second set right now.
1) Tendulkar was a cross dominant player, who used mostly his right hands in cricket and left hand for writing.
2) By scoring 100 in debut Ranji Trophy, Sachin became the youngest Indian to score a century on debut in first-class cricket.
3) The first double century by Sachin was hit in a domestic career at Brabourne Stadium in 1988 against Australia.
4) After scoring 119 in August 1990 against England, he became the youngest player to make a century in Test Cricket.
5) Sachin took the captainship of the Indian Cricket Team two times, from 1996 to 1998 and from 1999 to 2000.
6) In 2003 World Cup, Sachin scored 673 runs in total 11 matches and was the ‘Man of the Tournament’.
7) Sachin scored 482 runs in the 2011 World Cup and played a lead role in making India win the Trophy.
9) Sachin Married to Anjali Mehta on 24th May 1995 and has a daughter Sara and a son Arjun.
10) Sachin has been the ‘ICC Cricket Hall of Fame’ in 2019.
Sachin debuted in International Cricket at the age of 16 only and played extraordinarily. He was considered one of the best batsmen in the history of Cricket. Chanting of ‘Sachin, Sachin’ from the crowd of the audience was very common in those days. Tendulkar had appeared in six World Cups during his career and his performance in all those series was commendable. Though the ‘God of Cricket’ has left playing professionally yet he has a huge fan following and still inspires the young generation of cricket to be the legend.