Road accidents are increasing day by day with rise in population and vehicles causing maximum deaths in India nowadays. Road accident is the collision between vehicles like cars, trucks or pedestrian crossing the road. It could result into severe injuries and damage of the property and in extreme cases, deaths also.
Road accidents are happening due to the sheer ignorance and avoidance of traffic rules by the people while riding a vehicle on the road.
This is the underlying fact that the number of people dying in road accidents every year is comparatively more than numbers of the people dying in any war or natural calamity like floods or an earthquake.
Road safety campaigns and spreading awareness of following traffic rules can greatly help to reduce road accidents.
Ten Lines on Road Accident in English
We have provided ten lines on road accident in English. After reading these lines you will know that what are the reasons for road accidents, why do people die in road accidents, why people don’t follow the traffic rules, which age group is most prone to road accidents, what does the research say about the road accidents, how road accidents can be avoided, how people can be made understood regarding rules and regulations of road safety etc.
You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. It will support your essays on road trip as well as related topic like essay on road accidents: causes and remedies, prevention of road accidents etc. The information can be used in putting on your notice board under the topic ‘Road Accident’.
10 Lines on Road Accident – Set 1
1) It is very difficult to cope up with the tragedy of sudden loss of a life of someone very close to us in road accident.
2) The family faces a serious condition if the person died in the road accident was the sole bread earner of the family.
3) Road accident is one of the major causes of increasing death tolls of people in India.
4) Road accidents are caused due to sheer negligence and not following the traffic rules.
5) Nowadays it has become a fashion to violate the traffic rules and to show stunts on roads.
6) The violation of road rules is done mostly by the youths, adults and teenagers.
7) Most of the age group people know the rules very well but they feel pride to violate it.
8) Research says that many accidents could be avoided by just taking proper precautions.
9) To make the people understand about traffic rules, effective campaign and awareness program should be organized.
10) Awareness programs of print and electronic media advertisements can also become helpful.
We have provided another set of ten lines on road accident. After going through these line you will know that why is the road accident major concern in India, what does the research say about road accidents, what is the source of violation of road rules, what are the causes of road accidents, how can we avoid road accidents, what are the steps that can be taken to avoid the chances of road accidents etc.
You can use these lines in your speeches and extempore in the school competitions. These lines will also increase your knowledge on road accidents and it will also be very useful in your seminars as well as in your GK quiz competitions.
10 Lines on Road Accident – Set 2
1) One of the major sources of road accidents in India is corruption as roads are of not good quality and that may lead to major accidents.
2) According to a report, more than 2.5 lakhs people die in road accidents per year in India alone where many accidents are avoidable.
3) Violation of traffic rules leads to punishment even then the frequency of road accident is more in India.
4) One of the main sources of violation of traffic rules is the movies and television which shows personalities indulged in irresponsible behaviour.
5) People, especially youths and teenagers get attracted towards the stunts done by the actors in movies and try to imitate them.
6) Lack of discipline is one reason of road accidents as we all know the rules and regulations but don’t try to impose on ourselves.
7) Sometimes some natural conditions such as bad weather, bad roads and stray animals also become reasons of road accidents.
8) Road accidents can be avoided with some precautions as we must not increase the speed of our vehicles and follow “Better Late, Than Never” policy.
9) We must avoid drunken driving as drinking makes our senses feeble which means we are not able to decide what is right or wrong.
10) We should learn driving properly and should do tough training before coming on the road so that we can drive in a proper way.
India is prone to frequent road accidents and many people die in these accidents every year. Government and civil communities, NGO should undertake the awareness program for educating the rules and regulations to be followed while driving. Even celebrities, sports star and politicians have reached out to masses with different media campaigns on road safety guidelines. It is in the interest of society that one should follow rules and regulations of traffic effectively with discipline in order to avoid chances of accidents.