The Republic Day parade is one of the largest parades organized in New Delhi, the national capital of India to mark the celebration of the occasion. Republic Day parade is quite popular in India and abroad.
People from all over the country and the world come to New Delhi every year to witness the grand parade on Rajpath. Entire country watches the live telecast of the Republic Day parade on their television. Children enjoy very much watching the Republic Day parade and feel a matter of great pride and sense of patriotism.
10 Lines on Republic Day Parade in English
We have provided ten lines on Republic Day parade in simple and easy words so that you can understand the importance of the Republic Day parade. This will also help you to know when Republic day parade is organised, who organises the parade, what is the importance of republic day parade, how much distance the parade covers, what defence capabilities are shown in the parade, who take part in the parade etc.
You can use these lines to write republic day parade essay, few lines on Republic Day parade for class 1, class 2, class 3, class 4 etc or Speech on Republic Day parade.
10 Lines on Republic Day Parade – 1
1) Republic Day parade is organized every year on 26th January to mark the celebration of Republic Day at Rajpath, India Gate New Delhi.
2) Republic Day parade is held by Indian government to showcase the India’s military capabilities and its cultural and social heritage to the world.
3) The Republic Day parade is the military and public procession being organized on the route which is more than 5 km long between Rajpath and Red fort.
4) The Republic Day celebration which is the main centre of attraction officially ends on 29th January with beating retreat ceremony at Raisina Hill.
5) Prior to the commencement of parade President unfurls the National Flag and post National Anthem he gives away the bravery awards to soldiers and civilians.
6) The Parade begins with 12 different regiments of the Indian army doing march-past with their bands in official uniforms and honouring salute to the president.
7) Twelve contingents of various para-military forces of India and other civil forces also take part in the parade.
8) Tanks, guns, missiles and airplanes are the part of military procession which shows the warfare capabilities of India to world.
9) School children, tableaus, folk dances etc exhibit the cultures of various states by their performance in the parade displaying diversity and richness of India.
10) The parade ends with the dare devil motor cycle acts by armed forces and a flypast by the Air Force carrying the national flag.
We have also provided an additional set of ten lines on Republic Day parade which are written in a very simple language, easy to comprehend and can be helpful for you in quiz, debates, group discussions, speeches, paragraphs, articles and essay.
10 Lines on Republic Day Parade – 2
1) Republic Day parade is the procession which makes Republic Day celebration quite popular in the nation and world.
2) The camel-mounted military force of BSF (Border Security Force) contingent which is the only military using camels in the world is most attractive part of parade.
3) 25 marching contingents, vehicles, tableaux, aircrafts along with thousands of school children makes the parade unique in the world.
4) Every year a full dress rehearsal Parade is organized on 23rd January to take the stock of preparation before the grand celebration on Republic Day.
5) In 2016, French Army marched down Rajpath which was the first time a foreign army contingent participated in Republic Day celebration.
6) The Republic Day parade starts usually at 9:30 AM after flag hoisting and ends around 12:30 PM.
7) On 29th January, the Beating Retreat ceremony is organized by three wings of armed forces every year at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
8) The chief guest of the beating retreat ceremony is the President of India.
9) Beating Retreat ceremony begins with the cavalry unit giving salute to the President and massed bands from military playing patriotic songs.
10) The Republic Day parade is an integral part of the celebration which showcases the rich unity in diversity culture of India to the world.
The live telecast of the Republic Day parade is seen by everyone on television across the nation. People from all over India come to New Delhi in order to watch the most ceremonious parade of India on the occasion of Republic Day. The grandeur celebration through parade gives us huge sense of pride and honour that we belong to a nation which has huge military capabilities and diversified cultural heritage.