National Anthem of India is sung by the people of India to evoke the history of India’s struggle for freedom. ‘Jan Gana Mana’ is the official national anthem recognized by the government of India which is played and sung on number of occasions including cultural and national events.
National Anthem helps in preserving and reinforcing the strong traditional culture by spreading the message of tolerance to pluralism across the world. It also evokes the true sense of patriotism in the heart of the people making them remember the sacrifices of our great freedom fighters and leaders.
10 Lines on National Anthem in English
We have provided ten lines on national anthem in simple and easy words so that you can understand the importance of singing national anthem. It will also help you to answer your questions like what is the national anthem of India, when it was adopted, who wrote national anthem, what are the guidelines to sing national anthem, what are the punishable offence regarding national anthem etc.
You can use these lines while writing few lines on national anthem of India, few lines on our national anthem, essay on national anthem, speech on national anthem etc.
10 Lines on National Anthem – 1
1) National Anthem of India is the patriotic musical composition which is ‘’Jana Gana Mana” composed by Rabindranath Tagore.
2) The national anthem of India was originally written in ‘sanskrit tatsama’ Bengali language.
3) “Jan Gana Mana” was officially adopted by Indian constituent assembly as national anthem on 24th January, 1950.
4) The national anthem consists of five stanzas and the duration of playing its full version is 52 seconds.
5) The national anthem of India is sung on various occasions flag hoisting, school prayers, national festivals etc.
6) The national anthem is often sung across nation in national language which is ‘Hindi’.
7) The proper guidelines have been issued from the government and the Supreme Court of India which should be followed while singing the national anthem.
8) Every citizen of India should stand respectfully while the national anthem is being played or sung on any occasion.
9) The Prevention of Insults to National Honour Act, 1971 is the act enacted by the parliament of India to prevent the insult of national anthem.
10) Offence to the act by preventing the singing of the Jana Gana Mana is punishable and may lead to the imprisonment for a year and fine or both.
An additional set of ten lines on national anthem is provided which is written in a very simple language, easy to comprehend and can be helpful for you in GK, quiz, debates, group discussion, speech, paragraphs, articles and essay.
10 Lines on National Anthem – 2
1) National Anthem of India represents the country’s unique identity to the world.
2) National Anthem acts as a symbol of unity among its citizens as it is sung by people of different communities with the same spirit of patriotism.
3) The five stanzas of ‘Jan Gana Mana’ show the country’s rich, diversified culture and colourful history.
4) The entire lyrics and music of anthem was composed by Rabindranath Tagore in 1911 and was first sung in Calcutta on 27th December, 2011.
5) Citizens play or sing the national anthem on various occasions like during the prayer in schools, celebration of national events, sports meet etc.
6) ‘Jana Gana Mana’ strengthens the idea of unity in diversity as people from different communities sing the anthem together with full of passion towards nation.
7) In 2016, Supreme Court made the playing of national anthem mandatory in theatres before every movie in order to instil the patriotism among citizens.
8) On cultural occasions, national anthem is played after hoisting ceremony of national flag.
9) National anthem is played before and after the arrival of President or Governor from a formal ceremony.
10) National anthem is also played during the presentation of regimental colours of Indian army.
‘Jana Gana Mana’ appeals greatly to the people from various sections of society by evoking patriotic emotions and bringing sense of pride and honour. Whenever the national anthem is played live we should stand attentively in honour to pay the respect to the freedom fighters who have sacrificed their life for the nation.