Republic Day is celebrated across India with great enthusiasm, zeal and zest. This is the day when we honour the constitution of India and is celebrated with great energy and enthusiasm especially in schools, colleges, government organisation all over India.
India was ruled by the British Empire for more than hundreds of years and faced the stigma of the government.
On 15th August, 1947, India gained independence and achieved the status of democratic republic state from the dominion status offered by the Britishers on 26th January, 1950.
We started celebrating Republic Day every year to commemorate the great day when Constitution of India came into force.
10 Lines on Republic Day Celebration in English
We have provided ten lines on ‘Republic Day Celebration’ in simple and easy words so that you can understand the importance of celebrating this occasion. You will also know what is Republic Day, how Republic Day is celebrated in India, when India became republic, when is Purna Swaraj Divas celebrated, who all participate in Republic Day parade etc.
These lines will also help you while writing Republic Day celebration essay, Republic Day parade essay, 10 points on Republic Day celebration for class 1, class 2, class 3, class 4 and class 5.
10 Lines on Republic Day Celebration – Set 1
1) Republic Day is celebrated on 26th January every year to honour the constitution of India, which came into effect on 26th January 1950.
2) 26th Jan, 1950 was the day when India became Sovereign Democratic Republic State and it was a great day in the Indian history.
3) 26th January was chosen as Republic Day to honour leaders and freedom fighters who chose 26th January, 1930 as the ‘Purna Swaraj Divas’.
4) Republic Day is celebrated across the country in schools, institutions, private and government offices by hoisting national flag and singing National Anthem.
5) The main celebration takes place at Rajpath, New Delhi where President of India hoists national flag and salutes the tricolour.
6) The Armed Forces, Police and NCC cadets take part in a grand parade on Republic Day from on Rajpath saluting the President.
7) India shows its military capabilities by displaying tanks, missiles, and warplanes in the parade.
8) Different states portray their rich culture through tableaus and folk dance.
9) Every year, a representative of foreign country is invited as a chief guest for the Republic Day celebration.
10) Citizens across the nation watch the Republic Day celebration on their televisions and feel the matter of great pride and patriotism.
We have also provided the additional set of ten lines on Republic Day celebration which are written in a very simple language, easy to comprehend and can be helpful in quizzes, debates, group discussions, speeches, paragraphs, articles and essay.
10 Lines on Republic Day Celebration – Set 2
1) Republic Day is one of the great national festivals of India celebrated on 26th January every year.
2) 26th January, 2019 will mark the 70th Republic Day Celebration in India.
3) Children participate in essay writing, parade, dance, singing, play and sports events to celebrate Republic Day in schools.
4) President honours the brave soldiers of armed forces with gallantry awards who had showcased the high act of bravery.
5) Padma awards and bravery awards for civilians are announced every year on Republic Day by the government.
6) The Republic Day is also observed in various states of India where governors hoists the national flag and takes the salute from parade.
7) Celebrating the Republic Day by people of different communities strengthen the integrity and sovereignty of the nation.
8) The beating retreat ceremony is held every year at Raisina Hill, New Delhi on 29th January marking the end of Republic Day ceremony.
9) Bands of the three wings of armed forces perform in front of the President of India and other dignitaries in the beating retreat ceremony.
10) Republic Day celebration is considered as the fulfillment of hopes and aspirations of nation through skill, effort and responsibility.
One more set of 10 lines on Republic Day celebration has been given below which will enhance your thinking and make you aware about how republic day is celebrated in India. This will help you to prepare speech or essays on the occasion of Republic Day in your school.
10 Lines on Republic Day Celebration - Set 3
1) Republic Day is one of the major national festivals of India celebrated with great pride and patriotism throughout the country.
2) This day commemorates one of the greatest historical events of India when ‘Constitution of India’ came into force.
3) Country celebrates this day by organizing various events and activities based on the Indian independence struggle.
4) Schools, colleges and private/public offices conduct National Flag hoisting ceremony and organize many cultural events.
5) States celebrate Republic Day by hoisting National Flag in their capital, singing of National Anthem and organizing parades by the cadets and police department.
6) The limelight of the Republic Day celebration is witnessed in New Delhi at Rajpath where the President of India hoists the tricolor and receives guard of honour from the Armed Forces.
7) Contingents from all the three wings of Armed Forces march in sync with the tune of their bands in the Republic Day parade at Rajpath.
8) The country also showcases its military capabilities to the world through most modern arms and weapon systems.
9) States showcase their rich cultural and religious heritage through their tableaux and folk songs and dances in the parade.
10) Republic Day celebration paints the country into tricolor of patriotism, peace and prosperity.
Republic nation would always be a tolerant nation giving respect to all the communities and cultures but can also take firm stand when its integrity and sovereignty get threatened. In a sovereign republic nation the government is of the people, by the people and for the people’. We should feel proud in celebrating the Republic Day of India because it has given us the opportunity for freedom of thoughts, speech and expression.