Republic Day is one of the most important national festivals of India. It was the 26th January, 1950 when Constitution of India came into force and India became a republic country. Republic Day plays significant role in the lives of every citizen of India since this is the day which gave the power in the hands of the people to elect the representatives who can run the government for the country.
It also makes us remember the sacrifices of our great freedom fighters who sacrificed their lives in the Indian freedom struggle. This is the special day when the younger generations are introduced to the rich cultural history of India. We have achieved the democracy by paying a hefty price and by shedding blood of martyrs and Republic Day reminds us the value of democracy which should never be taken for granted.
Ten Lines on Importance of Republic Day in English
We have given below 10 lines on importance of Republic Day which will help you to understand the significance of Republic Day. You can use these lines to write essay on importance of Republic Day, importance of Republic Day speech or few lines on importance of Republic Day etc.
These lines will also answer many of your questions like what is Republic Day, why do we celebrate Republic Day, what is its importance, who is architect of Indian constitution, which is world’s largest democracy etc.
10 Lines on Importance of Republic Day – 1
1) Republic Day is celebrated on 26th January since the Constitution of India came into force on the same day in the year 1950.
2) The adoption of very own constitution after independence from British rule was a great achievement for India.
3) We commemorate this great day when India became the Sovereign, Socialist, Secular, and Democratic Republic by celebrating it every year.
4) The constitution of India has also provided fundamental rights to every citizen to live with dignity and freedom.
5) This day also reminds us the immense sacrifices of freedom fighters who gave their lives during Indian freedom struggle.
6) We also pay tribute to the ‘Architect of Indian Constitution’, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar and his team who spent many sleepless nights to draft the constitution.
7) Republic Day is the celebration of democracy which has given the power in the hands of its citizens to elect the representative who can run the government.
8) Republic Day also helps the younger generation to know more about the rich cultural heritage of India, the land of Unity in Diversity.
9) It also helps to unite the people of India under the single blanket of patriotism and nationalism.
10) India is world’s largest democracy with largest number of voters, and Republic Day is the festival of a self-reliant, independent and republic nation.
We have also provided an additional set of 10 lines on importance of Republic Day which will be very useful during essay writing competition, speech on republic day or to complete assignment on Republic Day etc. It will also help you to know which act was replaced by constitution of India, what is the supreme law of a country, what is the importance of a constitution, how constitution of India protects citizen’s basic rights etc.
Ten Lines on Importance of Republic Day – 2
1) Republic Day is the considered as the festival of democracy which is celebrated on 26th January every year.
2) 26th January 1950 was an important day in the history of India when its constitution came into force and electoral rights were given to the citizens of India.
3) Replacement of ‘Government of India Act 1935’ by ‘Constitution of India’ on 26th January 1950 was a great accomplishment by the Indian government.
4) The Constitution of India is the supreme law for a country and essential for the democracy which guarantees basic rights for its citizen.
5) Constitution of India not only protects the freedom of people but it also helps to regulate the relationship between government and people.
6) The enforcement of Indian Constitution was an important step towards the development of the country and gave speed to the social, political and economical development.
7) Republic Day reminds us the importance of a constitution for a country and how India got its constitution after immense hard work of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar.
8) Republic Day is also an important day when we remember and reward our soldiers for their outstanding display of valour and sacrifice.
9) Republic Day parade at Rajpath, New Delhi also showcases the country’s warfare and armed forces capabilities to the world.
10) Republic Day celebration is an important event in the heart of every citizen in India as well as abroad which instills the sense of patriotism towards our country.
A constitution for a country is a very important document for the overall development and prosperity of the nation and the day it comes in force is the significant event in the history of that nation. Republic Day is that significant day which made India as the world’s largest democracy and gave the right in the hands of the people to choose the government which is of the people, for the people and by the people. It not only instills patriotism in the hearts of the citizens but also helps to spread peace, love and harmony among them.