Raksha Bandhan is the Hindu festival which celebrates the bond of brotherhood and affection of the siblings in the family. It is celebrated on poornima, the full moon day in the month of Shravan.
The meaning of Raksha is to protect and Bandhan is the bondage of love, affection and care. On Raksha Bandhan, Rakhi is the main source of attraction as it is prepared by sacred thread decorated with colourful stones and other shining materials. Sisters tie Rakhi on the wrist of brothers.
Ten Lines on Raksha Bandhan in English
After reading the below lines you would come to know what is Raksha Bandhan, When is it celebrated, Why do we celebrate Raksha Bandhan, What do we do to celebrate Raksha Bandhan in India etc.
We have provided ten lines on Raksha Bandhan in simple and easy words so that you can use these lines while writing short essay on Raksha Bandhan, giving speech on Raksha Bandhan, or few lines on Raksha Bandhan for class 1, class 2, class 3 or class 4.
10 Lines on Raksha Bandhan – Set 1
1) Raksha Bandhan is a Hindu festival celebrated in various parts of India.
2) Raksha Bandhan is celebrated on the last day of Shravan in the month of August.
3) Raksha Bandhan is symbol of bond, care and affection among the brothers and sisters.
4) On the day of Raksha Bandhan sisters prepare pooja thali with kumkum, diya, rice, sweet and Rakhi.
5) Sister ties Rakhi on brother’s wrist and applies ‘roli chawal’ on his forehead.
6) On Raksha Bandhan festival sister prays to God for the well being of her brother.
7) Brother on Raksha Bandhan takes vow to protect his sister for life.
8) Exchange of sweets and gifts are also important customs of Raksha Bandhan festival.
9) Raksha Bandhan is also celebrated by preparing delicious dishes during the day time.
10) People specially ladies wear ethnic cloths to celebrate the occasion.
Please find below the additional set of 10 sentences on Raksha Bandhan which are written in a very simple language, easy to comprehend and can be helpful for you in exam, quiz, speech paragraphs, articles, and essay.
10 Lines on Raksha Bandhan – Set 2
1) Raksha Bandhan strengthens the bond between brothers and sisters.
2) Raksha Bandhan festival brings feeling of oneness and unity among the family members.
3) Raksha Bandhan festival spreads the message of peace and brotherhood in society.
4) Raksha Bandhan is also celebrated between cousin siblings and distant family members to express affection towards each other.
5) The practice of Raksha Bandhan celebration is being followed since ancient period and roots of it can be traced to several mythological stories in our scriptures.
6) The famous folklore of Rani Karnavati of Chittor and Emperor Humayun emphasises the importance of Raksha Bandhan festival.
7) The Raksha Bandhan is secular, multicultural Hindu festival celebrated all across the nation.
8) The NRIs residing around the globe also celebrates Raksha Bandhan by expressing love towards their siblings.
9) On Raksha Bandhan festival women and girls tie rakhi to Prime Minister, President, Soldiers, and Social workers, voluntarily assuming them as their brothers.
10) Many of the sisters who are living away from their brothers send rakhi by post to celebrate this auspicious occasion.
Raksha Bandhan every year gives a unique opportunity to brothers and sisters to meet and share the feeling of love and care towards each other by performing rituals. The festival is symbol of love, peace and brotherhood across India.