There are many talented Indians who are working in abroad. Even after living in another country, they have not forgotten their root culture and traditions. They occasionally visit India to serve their motherland. The Indian government has proposed a 'Pravasi Bharatiya Divas' in the honour of those people. Some sets of 10 lines below on the above topic will help you in understanding the whole concept.
Ten Lines on Pravasi Bharatiya Divas in English
Find here some well written sets of 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on Pravasi Bharatiya Divas for students of Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. You can get some help in your study from these lines.
10 Lines on Pravasi Bharatiya Divas
1) ‘Pravasi Bharatiya Divas’ falls on 09th January of the year.
2) Since 2015, it has been a biennial event, coming after every two years.
3) The first ‘Pravasi Bharatiya Divas’ had organised on 09th January 2003 at New Delhi.
4) Ministry of External Affairs, Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region, FICCI and CII are the main sponsors of the event.
5) The 14th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas had organised in Bangalore from 7th to 9th January 2017.
6) The 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas had held from 21st to 23rd January 2019 at the holy city of Varanasi
7) The theme for the 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas was the ‘Role of Indian Diaspora in building a New India’.
8) In the 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas, the overseas Indian communities witnessed the rich Indian cultural heritage in Varanasi and Prayagraj during the ‘Kumbh Mela’.
9) The Chief Guest for the 2019 event was the Prime Minister of Mauritius, Mr. Pravind Jugnauth.
10) Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is a way to honour people from Indian soil and to address their issues and concerns in India or their resident country.
10 Lines and Sentences on Pravasi Bharatiya Divas
1) Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is the day dedicated to the people of Indian roots settled abroad.
2) It is a forum where overseas Indian communities can discuss their issues and concern they face in their respective countries.
3) ‘Pravasi Bharatiya Samman’ is the highest award for our overseas citizen for their remarkable achievements in their respective field.
4) India has the largest diasporas population in the world, with around 16 million people living outside the country.
5) A Regional Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (RPBD), outside India, is a way to communicate to the Indian Diaspora to address their issues and enable them to contribute to India’s development.
6) The first RPBD had held on 24th Sept. 2007 in New York, and the latest one had organised on 6th January 2018 at Singapore.
7) The 15th Pravasi Bharatiya event had postponed to 21st January 2019 because the global community wanted to attend the ‘Kumbh Mela’ and Republic Day celebrations.
8) The Uttar Pradesh government had made special arrangements for the event to exhibit the Indian culture of ‘Atithi Devo Bhav’ at the holy city of Varanasi.
9) The event concluded on 23rd January conferring the ‘Pravasi Bharatiya Samman’ to the global Indian citizens by the hands of our Honourable President, Sri Ramnath Kovind.
10) The ‘Pravasi Bharatiya Divas’ instils the feeling that overseas Indian communities still have their root to their homeland.
5 Lines on Pravasi Bharatiya Divas
1) It is celebrated on 9 January.
2) It is observed once in two years.
3) It was first observed on 9 January 2003.
4) It marks overseas Indians contribution.
5) It is dedicated to Indians living abroad.
20 Lines on Pravasi Bharatiya Divas
1) Pravasi Bharatiya Divas marks the honour of the return of Mahatma Gandhi in 1915 from South Africa.
2) The host of the event always includes the foreigner, for example, Presidents, Chancellor and Prime Minister of other nations.
3) The decision to include the theme in the celebration had taken after the conclusion of the 12th edition of Pravasi Bharatiya Divas in New Delhi.
4) The high-level committee of LM Singhvi under the government of Shree Atal Bihari Bajpayee had given a lot of recommendations to celebrate the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas in the year 2002.
5) The few of the recommendations are like felicitating the NRI’s on merit for their contribution to the respective field, providing a forum to discuss NRI’s concerns and issues.
6) New Delhi has been the spot for the most of the editions of Pravasi Bhartiya Divas.
7) Pravasi Bharatiya Divas provides a platform to NRI community for discussing the issues like harnessing their skill, expertise and knowledge for the growth of India.
8) The term OCI (overseas citizen of India) came into influence during the celebration of 4th edition of Pravasi Bharatiya Divas in Hyderabad.
9) The list of the cities which have been host to the celebration of Pravasi Bhartiya Divas are New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Gandhinagar, Kochi, Jaipur, Chennai, and Hyderabad.
10) The major success of the 3rd edition of PBD was to raise millions of dollars for the victims of the tsunami in the southern coast of India.
11) The fourth edition of Pravasi Bharatiya Divas in Hyderabad had played a major role in the policymaking decisions of the government.
12) The convention acted as a platform for connecting youths from different profession.
13) In the year 2003, Atal Bihari Bajpayee government decided to set up Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra fostering deeper ties between India and the overseas Indian community.
14) The foundation stone Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra had lain down by UPA Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
15) The Kendra will play a major role in the celebration of PBD as it has state of the art auditorium, multipurpose halls and conference and seminar halls.
16) Activities like cultural events, seminars, workshops are common on the occasion of Pravasi Bharatiya Divas.
17) The Kendra also has library including the digital one providing online access to journals to the books written by famous overseas people.
18) The museum in Kendra depicts the history of Indian overseas community, reflecting the experiences and contributions of migrated people.
19) ‘India centre for migration’ (ICM) is an autonomous body at Kendra which resolve issues of overseas workers when they visit the country during the celebration of PBD.
20) Many large corporate, along with the Indian government, have increased the sponsorship amount over the years for the celebration of PBD (Pravasi Bharatiya Divas).
Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is a great way for Non-Resident Indians to reconnect to their roots and contribute towards their home country for its growth and development. The event also aims at bringing the experience and global exposure of the global Indian citizen to help their motherland in achieving new milestones. The event also helps the global Indian communities to witness their real culture, traditions and values and retain it in their resident country.