It is said that farmers are the backbone of the Indian economy. Therefore, it is very important for the Indian farmer to be strong and self-reliant. For this, the Government of India has launched a scheme. We have provided all the information about this scheme in some sets of 10 lines on Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana below. You should check them now.
Ten Lines on Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
Set – 1
1) The Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana was launched on 13 January 2016.
2) It is a kind of insurance scheme for the farmers for their yield.
3) There is a premium of 1.5% for Rabi and 2% for KharifFasal for the farmers.
4) The farmers will have to pay a premium rate while the government will pay the balance premium.
5) In the case of annual commercial and horticultural crops, the premium will be only 5%.
6) The subsidy under the scheme has no maximum limit.
7) The insurance scheme will be controlled by the only insurance company, the ‘Agricultural Insurance Company of India (AIC)’.
8) All farmers, including notified tenant cultivators/tenant farmers in notified areas, are eligible for coverage.
9) Overall control over the implementation of insurance companies will be done under the ‘Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare’.
10) The Government of India has also launched an insurance portal for better administration and proper collection of information and transparency.
Set – 2
1) Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana is hosted by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare.
2) The scheme provides cover from the damage of the production.
3) Its objective is to provide insurance cover and financial assistance to farmers in case of loss of crops due to natural calamities, insects, and diseases.
4) The scheme encourages farmers to innovate in agriculture and adopt modern methods of farming.
5) This scheme has been implemented in every state of India in collaboration with the respective state governments.
6) This scheme of the Government of India has to ensure the availability of credit in the agricultural sector.
7) For the Prime Minister Crop Insurance Scheme, forms can be taken both offline and online.
8) For the offline process, one has to visit the nearest respective bank.
9) One can also visit the official website of the scheme to apply online.
10) An Android-based "Crop Insurance App" has also been launched under this scheme.
The Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana has greatly helped in providing financial assistance to Indian farmers. With this, they do not have to worry much about the accidental destruction of their crop. Also, he can be sure that he can prepare the next crop. This scheme is a boon for Indian farmers.