A pig is a very common animal which is found in every part of the world. Pigs are usually found in the farmhouses where humans tame pigs in large numbers. A pig is a medium sized animal having pink, grey or brown skin. Pigs produce an “Oink” sound. Generally, they are kept to obtain pork, skin and bones which are useful to people. There is a belief that where pigs live, there is very less chance of any kind of epidemic to spread.
Children use to keep a “Piggy- Bank” in their home, a piggy- bank is an earthen or plastic container which looks like a pig, there is a hole on the top of the piggy- bank from where children put coins in it.
Ten Lines on Pig in English
We have provided ten lines on pig in English. After reading these ten lines you will know everything about pig as what is a pig, how big a pig is, how a pig looks, what are the body parts of a pig, how many toes a pig has, how the eyes and ears of a pig look, what do pig eats, does pig eats everything, what is the function of the nose of a pig.
You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competitions. It will also enhance your knowledge on this domestic animal and the information can be used in putting on your notice board under the topic ‘Facts about Pigs’ or can be used to write few lines on pig, short essay on pig, sentences about pigs etc.
10 Lines on Pig - Set 1 (for Class 1 and 2)
1) A pig is an animal that comes in mammal category.
2) The body of a pig is of medium size.
3) A pig has a short neck with long and pointed head.
4) The eyes of a pig are small and ears are long.
5) A pig has a curly tail and short legs.
6) Each foot of a pig has four toes.
7) A pig is an omnivorous animal which mean it eats fruits, vegetable, insects and fishes.
8) Pigs eat everything which comes on their way.
9) Pigs also eat the dead animals.
10) The large nose of a pig helps it to find the food.
We have provided another set of ten lines on pig. After going through these lines you will know that how many pigs are in the world, how many species of pigs are in the world, which is the smallest size of pig, what a male and female pigs are called, what is an offspring of a pig called, how many years a pig lives, how many offspring a female pig can give birth to, what is a group of pigs called, what is the use of pigs, what we obtain from pigs etc.
You can use these lines in your speeches and extempore in the school competitions. These lines will also increase your knowledge on pigs and it will also be very useful in national talent search exams as well as in your GK quiz competitions.
10 Lines on Pig - Set 2 (for Class 3 and 4)
1) There are 2 billion pigs living in the world.
2 There are 10 to 15 species of pigs which are known to the world.
3) The “Pigmy Hog” is the smallest species of the pig.
4) A male pig is called as a “Boar” and female pig without baby is called “Gilt” and “Sow” is the female pig having baby.
5) The offspring which a female pig produces are called as a “Piglet”.
6) On an average a pig lives 15 to 20 years if not slaughtered.
7) A female pig can give birth to 4 to 5 piglets at a time.
8) The group in which there are too many pigs is called as a “Drift”, “Drove” or “Litter”.
9) Pigs are also used for pulling the carts and sniffing the landmines.
10) We get meat, flesh and skin from pigs and they are also used for medical researches.
A pig is a very useful animal for the people who tame it. By opening a large pig farm will not only bring meat to those people but it can be a good source of income if seen from a business point of view. Pigs are also mentioned in many religions, Islam and Judaism oppose pork eating as they consider pig as not holy. In Hinduism, “Lord Vishnu” took the form of “Varah” to kill the demon named “Hiranyaksha”. A famous cartoon series “Winnie-the Pooh” has the character of small pig named as “Piglet”.