Insect is a living organism which comes under the class of invertebrate i.e. those species which don’t have bones. It sucks the blood of animals and human beings. Most of the times we have seen mosquitoes flying in our homes and producing humming sound close to our ears, we try to smash them with our hands. Mosquitoes are found in warm places and the places which are less cool, they are not found in cold areas like Antarctica.
Mosquitoes take 3 to 10 days to complete their life cycle from eggs to adults. The life of mosquitoes is very short with male living only 10 days and female mosquitoes living up to one month.
Ten Lines on Mosquito in English
We have provided 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on mosquito in English for Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. After reading these lines you will get to know what a mosquito is, what is an exoskeleton of mosquito, what is the physical description of mosquito, why antennae are used by mosquito, why female mosquitoes suck blood, does female mosquitoes suck blood before laying eggs or after etc.
You can add these lines in your essay and paragraph writing competition in your exam as well as in your school competition. You can also make sentences on mosquito and prepare facts on mosquitoes using these lines.
10 Lines on Mosquito
1) A mosquito is a type of fly which comes in the category of “Diptera”.
2) A mosquito has a soft body surrounded with a hard cover which is called an “Exoskeleton”
3) Mosquitoes have thin and straight body, a pair of wings, six hairy legs, two long antennae on their head, and a long mouth.
4) The head of a mosquito is round and have two eyes which contain smaller lenses.
5) The antennae of mosquitoes help them to know the movement of air.
6) Generally, the male and female mosquitoes both take fruit and plant’s juice.
7) In many species of mosquitoes, female mosquitoes suck the blood by piercing the skin of humans.
8) Female mosquitoes suck the blood in order to get nutrients from it so that they can lay eggs.
9) In some species mosquitoes lay eggs only after sucking the blood.
10) Mosquitoes sit on the warm-blooded animals including humans and pierce its needle like elongated mouth part to suck blood.
10 Lines and Sentences on Mosquito
1) There are 3500 species of mosquitoes which are known to the world.
2) Mosquitoes are found in all parts of the world except the cold region like Antarctica.
3) Mosquitoes are living in this world for 90 to 100 million years.
4) The oldest mosquito was “Canadian Amber” which was found some 79 million years ago.
5) Mosquitoes mainly live in still water like ponds and other places where water is stored.
6) In still water, female mosquitoes lay 100 to 300 eggs at a time.
7) The male mosquito lives up to 10 days and female mosquito lives up to 42 to 56 days.
8) Mosquitoes are the carrier of several types of diseases which are caused due to bacteria and viruses.
9) The bacteria and virus which mosquito brings can cause Malaria, Dengue, Chikungunya, Yellow Fever etc.
10) We must use preventive techniques to save ourselves from mosquitoes like using mosquito repellents, mosquito nets, sprays, maintaining cleanliness etc.
5 Lines on Mosquito
1) Mosquito is an insect.
2) They bite humans.
3) They have an elongated body.
4) They spread many diseases.
5) About 3000 mosquito species are found.
20 Lines on Mosquito
1) Mosquito is a dangerous insect and belongs to the family Culicidae.
2) The act of biting is only confined to female mosquitoes.
3) It bites to suck blood from hosts that give it the required protein for producing eggs.
4) Mosquitoes transmit germs by their saliva during biting into the blood of their host.
5) The average lifespan of male mosquitoes is 1-2 weeks while that of females is about 6 weeks.
6) The female mosquito can be distinguished as they are larger in size than males.
7) The biting of infected female Anopheles mosquito causes malaria disease.
8) Aedes mosquito also called tiger mosquito transmits dengue and yellow fever.
9) The genus of the Culex mosquito is a vector for causing filariasis and encephalitis.
10) Mosquito helps in process pollination while visiting different flowers for nectar.
11) Mosquito is a common insect that can be sighted mostly during the night.
12) It is found everywhere on this earth except Antarctica.
13) There are more than 3000 species of mosquitoes found in the world.
14) An elongated body, 3 pairs of legs, one pair of wings, and long proboscis are the body features of a mosquito.
15) All mosquitoes feed on plant nectar but female mosquitoes also feed on blood for laying eggs.
16) The proboscis is a structure in the female mosquitoes for sucking blood from hosts.
17) Standing water is the best breeding place for female mosquitoes.
18) Egg, larva, pupa, and imago are the stages of development of a mosquito.
19) The three stages except imago are generally completed in the water.
20) The larvae of a mosquito feed on algae, organic matter present in the water.
Mosquitoes not only suck our blood, but also spreads number of diseases which if not treated can prove fatal. Mosquitoes spread diseases in Africa, South America, Australia, Mexico and several parts of Asia resulting in millions of deaths. Mosquito-borne diseases affect more than 700 million people all over the world every year. All we have to do is to take preventive measures by adopting techniques like keeping the surrounding clean, using mosquito coils, mosquito repellents, mats etc to curb their population in houses.