A lizard is a reptile species to which snakes and chameleons also belongs to. There are many species of lizards on this earth. Some lizards have four legs, some have two legs whereas some do not have legs and they crawl just like a snake. We have also seen several lizards running here and there in our houses, whenever the number of insects increase, they can also be seen in various numbers, catching and eating insects whether in our home or outside. Lizards can climb and crawl vertically i.e. they can run on walls, ceilings, roofs etc.
Lizards are cold blooded creatures; it means lizards have to come in sunlight to get warmth of the sun in order to keep their body temperature normal. They can be seen relaxing and taking sunlight outside their habitat.
Ten Lines on Lizard in English
We have given 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on Lizard in English for Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. After reading these lines you will be able to answer many questions like which category do lizards belong, what is the physical description of lizard, in which colours lizards come, how many legs lizards have, are some lizards legless, what a lizard eats, which lizard eats flesh, how a lizard eats, at what time lizards hunt, how lizards are able to crawl on walls and ceilings etc.
You can add these lines in your essay and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in school competition to write some facts about lizards. You can also use the facts below to prepare a ‘Weird Lizards Facts’ and put it on your school or class notice board and earn accolades from your teachers:
10 Lines on Lizard
1) Lizards are one of the reptiles which come in the category of “Reptilia”.
2) Lizards are cold blooded creatures; they have long tails and eyes with eyelids.
3) Lizards vary in colour; ground and tree climbing lizards have bright colour whereas desert lizards can adopt colour of surroundings.
4) Most lizards are quadrupedal i.e. they have four legs and they run straight forward.
5) Other lizards are legless i.e. they have no legs and have long snake-like bodies.
6) Generally, lizards are insectivores i.e. they eat insects and flies etc but big lizards like “Comodo Dragon” is carnivorous i.e. it eats flesh.
7) Lizard move its tongue in and out in very quickly to catch its prey, the prey of lizard gets stuck on the tongue.
8) Lizards usually swallow their food; they don’t spend time on chewing their food.
9) Most lizards are active during the day; they move and eat their prey more in the sunlight.
10) Lizards are able to walk on walls and ceilings because they have tiny microscopic hairs in their toes called “Setae” which help lizards to climb.
10 Lines and Sentences on Lizard
1) There are 6000 species of lizards which are known to the world.
2) Lizards can be found in all parts of the world except the cold regions of Antarctica.
3) The greatest numbers of lizard species are found in the USA, especially in the south and the west of the US.
4) The smallest lizard is the “Tiny Dwarf Gecko”, which is of only 1.6 cm long and weighs up to 120 milligrams.
5) The largest lizard is the “Komodo Dragon”, it is of 3 metres long and its weight is up to 80 kg.
6) Lizards live on the trees, grounds, houses etc whereas some lizards live in the vegetation and some live in the desert areas.
7) The “Green Basilisk Lizard” can run on water at the speed of 1.5 m per second up to 4.5 m distance.
8) There are some lizards which are very poisonous, like “Gila Monster” and “Mexican Beaded Lizard”.
9) Lizards cannot produce any sound as they do not have vocal cord in their neck.
10) Lizards can move their eyes in two different directions at a time.
5 Lines on Lizard
1) Lizard is a reptile.
2) They are cold-blooded animals.
3) They swallow their food.
4) They can be yellow or brown.
5) They can be seen on the walls of the home.
20 Lines on Lizard
1) Lizards represent a diverse group of terrestrial reptiles in the world.
2) They are said to have evolved about 300 million years ago.
3) Over 5000 species of lizards are found on this earth.
4) Lizard inhabits every part of the world except Antarctica and some islands.
5) Lizard's body length ranges from 2cm- 3m according to their species.
6) A small scaly body, four feet, and tail are the body features of most lizards.
7) There are some species of lizards that do not have legs.
8) Lizards have the capability of regenerating their damaged or lost tails.
9) Lizards are cold-blooded creatures and their body temperature changes according to their surroundings.
10) Lizards are mainly carnivores and feed on insects and small animals.
11) Lizards are wild creatures that belong to the order Squamata.
12) The lizards living in deserts can survive without water for a longer time.
13) Lizards have the ability to change their body color as their defense mechanism.
14) Mosasauridae family is a group of extinct lizards that showed only aquatic adaptation.
15) Komodo dragon is a lizard with the most poisonous venom that can harm human beings too.
16) Lizards can easily move their eyelids as human beings.
17) Most of the species of lizards give birth by laying eggs.
18) Lizards lay their eggs anywhere and do not provide parental care to their offspring.
19) They communicate with each other by their body movements, changing colors, mouth gapping, etc.
20) The nano chameleon of 13.5mm in length is the smallest lizard on earth.
Lizards also have some predators which hunt and eat them. Some kinds of predators are larger birds such as hawks, owls, eagles, and snakes. Other animals also eat lizards and in fact lizards also eat other lizards; the larger ones eat the smaller ones. In some countries, lizards are kept as pets especially in the tribal areas of some countries. Lizards though have a combination of dinosaurs and snakes but they do not possess any quality of these animals.