A horse is a very useful and domestic animal, it a strong animal and a good companion as well as a good friend of human beings. Horses are very much loyal and devoted to their masters and they can sacrifice their life in order to save their masters. Horses have a very special role in the history of mankind. We can never forget “Alexander the Great” and “Maharana Pratap”, who equally loved their horses and gave them names as “Bucephalus” and “Chetak”, respectively.
Horses are of many breeds but the “Arabian Horse” is a very special and royal breed. The Arabian horses are known for their speed, stiffness and attractiveness and are very popular and demanding all over the world.
Ten Lines on Horse in English
We have provided ten lines on horse in English. After reading these lines you will enhance your knowledge as what is a horse, how a horse looks, what is the physical description of a horse, in what colours horses come, what a horse eats, what is the average life of a horse, why a horse eats at regular intervals, how many breeds of horses are there in the world etc.
You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in school competition. These lines will also come handy if you have to write few lines on horse, or 10 lines on my horse. These lines are very useful to write few lines on horse for class 1, class 2, class 3 or class 4. It can even help you to write essay on horse or essay on my favourite animal:
10 Lines on Horse – Set 1
1) A horse is a tall and strong animal; some species of horses are also used to lift heavy loads.
2) The legs of the horse are thin but are long and powerful which help a horse to run fast.
3) Horse has a hairy tail; it also has long and swinging hairs on its neck.
4) Horses differ in sizes and colours; they can be of grey, brown, black, white or in a combination of these colours.
5) Horses are straight in size, they have a flexible body which helps in taking big steps while running.
6) A horse is a herbivores animal i.e. it eats grass, plants, twigs, fruits and vegetables etc.
7) Horse also eats dry grass, straw and grains and before eating the grass it will smell it.
8) Horses have a small stomach size, they eat little and at regular intervals.
9) The average life horse is 25 years but if they are kept in good condition could live up to 30 years.
10) There are 350 breeds of horses which are known to the world.
We have provided another set of ten lines on horse. After going through these lines, you will get to know that what is male and female horse called, what is an offspring of horse called, how many offspring does female horse produce, what is the group of horses called, since how long horses have been tamed, where the horse live, what are uses of horse, what we get from a horse etc.
10 Lines on Horse – Set 2
1) The male horses are called as “Stallion”, and the female horses are called as “Mare”.
2) When a female horse gives birth to its offspring, it is called as a “Foal”.
3) Generally, a female horse gives birth to 1 to 2 foals at a time.
4) When too many horses move in a group, it is called as a “Team” or a “Harras”.
5) Horses have been tamed by human beings some 5000 years ago.
6) Human beings keep the horses in a structure made up of wood, thatched roof, clothes etc which is called as a “Stable”.
7) Horses are used by humans in many ways; one such way is riding and travelling.
8) Horses were used in warfare also, soldiers used to ride horses and go to the battlefield in wars with the enemies.
9) Horses are used in sports activities also; Horse polo and Equestrian are the games which involve horses.
10) From horses we also obtain their skin for making leather products, bones for medicines and horse hairs for furniture stuffing etc.
As we all know a horse is a very useful animal, it is used in riding to travelling, from fighting wars to maintaining security arrangements by the police department, in different sports activities etc. Horses have become an integrals part of a person’s life. Horses are very strong; its kick can even kill a human also. That’s why the power and efficiency of most of the electrical and mechanical engines are termed in “Horse Power”. Sports like “Derby Race” involves gambling in which people bet on a horse and if that horse becomes winner, they win a good amount of money.