Recognition is a tool to encourage someone for excellent performance in his/her respective field. Paramvir Chakra is a kind of that recognition provided to the personals of Indian Armed forces – Army, Navy and Air-Force.It is the highest military decoration award in India. It is an award for bravery and fearlessness in the presence of the enemy.
Here, the word ‘Param’ means Greatest, ‘Vir’ means Brave and ‘Chakra’ means the wheel in Sanskrit hence the word Paramvir Chakra refers to the wheel of greatest warrior. It is next to the Bharat Ratna in the order of ranking in Indian Awards.
Ten Lines on Paramvir Chakra in English
We have created a set of 10 lines on Paramvir Chakra. It will help you in getting some knowledge about Paramvir Chakra. The set contains an enough amount of information to get you the whole concept of this award. The language is tried to be kept easy and adaptable so that you won’t be bothered by going through the lines.
10 Lines on Paramvir Chakra – Set 1
1) Paramvir Chakra is the highest gallantry/military award in India.
2) It was established on 26th January 1950, on Indian Republic day of by the first President of India Dr. Rajendra Prasad.
3) Paramvir Chakra was into effect from the prior of its establishment and awarded for the first time on 15th August 1947.
4) The Paramvir Chakra is awarded for one’s exceptional act of bravery and daring in the presence of the enemy.
5) The Paramvir Chakra can also be awarded to a recipient posthumously.
6) The Paramvir Chakra is conferred to the personals from Indian Air-Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army of both genders equally.
7) The medal of the Chakra was designed by Savitri Khanolkar, the wife of an Indian Army Officer Vikram Khanolkar.
8) The Paramvir Chakra award contains a medal of bronze. Along with it, the recipient is also provided a cash allowance every month.
9) The award is presented two times a year, firstly on Indian Republic Day and second on Independence Day by the President of India.
10) One person can be awarded with Paramvir Chakra multiple times in his life if he proves to be worthy of it.
Another set of 10 lines on Paramvir Chakra is provided here to improve your knowledge. This set contains some extra and important facts that will help you in building your confidence on the topic. The information provided here are true and simple in language. The sets are created for students of every age group especially of lower classes.
10 Lines on Paramvir Chakra – Set 2
1) Paramvir Chakra is equivalent to the Medal of Honour in United States.
2) The medal of the Chakra is circular containing four vajra at 90 degree each and Indian emblem at the centre of it.
3) The back side of the medal has written ‘Paramvir Chakra’ in Devanagari Script and in English as well, separated by two Lotus flowers.
4) The word PVC is widely used as an acronym of Paramvir Chakra.
5) According to the statutes, the medal should be suspended through the left chest/breast of the owner.
6) The President holds the right to cancel or declare invalid the award and also the allowance associated with it.
7) The recipient of Paramvir Chakra is also allowed to use the name of the award as his/her surname.
8) Lieutenant Colonel is the highest rank to be awarded with Paramvir Chakra.
9) Paramvir Chakra is recorded as the award with highest number of posthumous recipient.
10) The first person to be awarded with PVC was Major Somnath Sharma who died fighting against Pakistan in the Kashmir.
Undoubtedly Paramvir Chakra is the dream of every Army person but it is awarded only to those who deserve it. From its institution, it has been awarded to total 21 people till 2018. The 14 of these 21 people have earned it posthumously. Nirmal Jit Singh Sekhon is the only officer from Indian Air-Force who has received it.
He was awarded Paramvir Chakra posthumously in 1971. The first recipient of Paramvir Chakra was Major Somnath Sharma who, co-incidentally, was the brother-in-law of her daughter. We hope that you have read all the points and understood them well.