P.V. Sindhu is a professional badminton player and an icon of inspiration for the youth of India. She belongs to a sporting family where her parents P.V. Ramana and P. Vijaya both were a volleyball player at the national level. Her sister P.V. Divya is a national level handball player and P.V. Sindhu is an international Badminton player. She says that she has got inspiration from Pullela Gopichand, a former Indian Badminton Player. There are many things fascinating and inspiring to read about her. So let’s read them quickly.
Ten Lines on P.V. Sindhu
1) Pusarla Venkata Sindhu, famous as P.V. Sindhu is a professional badminton player in India.
2) She was born on 5th July 1995 in Hyderabad, Telangana state of India.
3) She has completed B.Com. from St. Ann’s College for Women, Mehdipatnam.
4) The first coach in her life was Mehboob Ali who trained her in the basics of badminton.
5) Sindhu joined Gopichand Badminton Academy to be a professional badminton player.
6) Sindhu started with the “5th Servo All India ranking championship” for under 10 categories and marked her proficiency.
7) Later Sindhu won the singles title in “Ambuja Cement All India Ranking”.
8) Sindhu was awarded the 4th highest civilian award Padma Shri in 2015.
9) In Rio Olympics 2016, Sindhu became the first Indian woman to win a silver medal at the Olympics but was defeated by Carolina Marin in the final.
10) Sindhu was awarded Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award in 2016.
Here we have brought the 2nd set of 10 lines on P.V. Sindhu. As we all know that she has achieved many awards and records in so small age that it became impossible for us to mention everything about her in only one set. This 2nd set will give some other important information about her achievements. Like the first set, this set is again created in easy language keeping in mind the students of lower classes as well. So let’s begin.
1) P.V. Sindhu has got the inspiration for playing badminton by watching Pullela Gopichand.
2) Sindhu has won a Bronze medal in 2009 Sub-Junior Asian Badminton Championships.
3) Sindhu was awarded prestigious Arjun Award in 2013 and civilian award Padma Shri in 2014.
4) In September 2013, Sindhu was ranked in the top 20 in Badminton World Federation’s World ranking.
5) Sindhu won the Bronze in World championship (women single) 2013 and 2014, Silver in 2017 and 2018 and Gold in 2019 with constant progression.
6) She has also played for Uber Cup (women’s team) and brought bronze in 2014 and 2016.
7) Sindhu played in Asian Games and won bronze and silver consequently in 2014 women’s team) and 2018 (women’s single).
8) In the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Sindhu has won a Silver medal in Women’s Single.
9) Sindhu has won Gold in BWF Championship 2019 held in Switzerland.
10) In so early age, P.V. Sindhu has emerged out as the badminton sensation for the women youth of India.
Thus we see that P.V. Sindhu is an uncommon badminton player. She has achieved all the height of success and is still working to perform better in the upcoming matches. It is said that she used to wake up at 4:30 am every day just for practice. She had also walked a long distance to reach her practice court.
Sindhu is a true reflection of hard work and dedication which she persisted to acquire her goal and the sounds of her success can be heard by anybody in this world. She is also an eye-opener to those who think that girls can’t do what boys can and to those who support female foeticide. We salute you the pride of India.