Natural disasters are the extreme events which are caused either due to environmental factors or because of the human aided activities like exploitation of natural resources and underground water. Across the globe, natural calamities such as floods, earthquakes, tsunami, and cyclones have created widespread destruction to the lives and property from time to time. Despite being advanced in technology we have faced the wrath of natural disasters many times in the history of mankind. We as humans can’t stop natural disasters but can take preventive measures to minimize the impact of natural calamities.
Ten Lines on Natural Calamities
1) Natural calamities are the untimely events caused by environmental factors.
2) Natural calamities lead to loss of lives and can damage properties.
3) Some of the common natural calamities are floods, droughts, cyclones, and earthquakes.
4) Natural disasters are also caused due to human aided factors like cutting trees, exploitation of natural resources, etc.
5) Natural calamities are bound to occur but preventive measures can be taken to minimize the impact of the disaster.
6) Natural calamities have increased the awareness of the world about the conservation of the environment.
7) The environmental imbalance in the world has resulted in frequent disasters in India too.
8) Natural calamities create huge economic loss to the nation by damaging roads and bridges.
9) Natural calamities can be averted by sustainable development projects favoring the environment.
10) Natural disasters like cyclones can be prevented by taking help from satellite forecasts about the weather details.
1) Natural disasters like earthquakes and Tsunami can kill millions of people and damage the properties in a moment of time.
2) The response to natural calamities needs a proper management plan so as to minimize the extent of damage to lives and property.
3) Global warming and climate change due to human interventions have led to many natural calamities like floods, storms, and cyclones.
4) Urbanization and industrialization have led to massive erosion of forest cover resulting in natural calamities.
5) In India, the government has enacted the ‘Disaster Management Act’ to face natural calamities.
6) The ‘National Disaster Response Force’ has been constituted for the purpose of safety of lives during calamities.
7) Various kinds of funds like ‘Prime Minister Relief Fund’ and ‘National Disaster Relief Fund’ help the victims of natural disasters.
8) The honest and hardworking leadership team formed by the government is required to deal with calamities like Tsunami and cyclones.
9) People in the developed nation have taken insurance coverage for their houses and belongings in order to save them from damages during natural disasters.
10) Natural disasters or calamities have a deeper impact on the life of an individual, society and the nation as a whole.
Every nation should be ready in advance for dealing with natural disasters. Awareness programs should also be organized by the government insensitive and affected areas so that relief operations could be carried out successfully in case of natural calamities. The sustainable development in harmony with nature is the need of the hour for preventing our nation from natural calamities.