Natural disasters are the extreme events which are caused either due to environmental factors or because of the human aided activities like exploitation of natural resources and underground water.
Across the globe, natural calamities such as floods, earthquakes, tsunami, and cyclones have created widespread destruction to the lives and property from time to time.
Despite being advanced in technology we have faced the wrath of natural disasters many times in the history of mankind.
We as humans can’t stop the natural disasters but can take preventive measures to minimize the impact of natural calamities.
Ten Lines on Natural Calamities in English
After reading the below lines you would come to know what do you mean by natural calamities, what are the examples of natural calamities, what are the causes for natural disasters, what are the most common natural calamities etc.
We have provided ten lines on natural calamities in simple and easy words so that you can use these lines while writing short essay on natural calamities, giving speech on natural calamities, or few lines on natural calamities for class 1, class 2, class 3 or class 4.
10 Lines on Natural Calamities – Set 1
1) Natural calamities are the untimely events caused by the environmental factors.
2) Natural calamities lead to loss of lives and can damage properties.
3) Some of the common natural calamities are floods, droughts, cyclones and earthquakes.
4) Natural disasters are also caused due to human aided factors like cutting of trees, exploitation of natural resources etc.
5) Natural calamities are bound to occur but preventive measures can be taken to minimize the impact of disaster.
6) Natural calamities have increased the awareness of the world about the conservation of environment.
7) The environmental imbalance in the world has resulted in the frequent disasters in India too.
8) Natural calamities create huge economic loss to the nation by damaging roads and bridges.
9) Natural calamities can be averted by sustainable development projects favouring the environment.
10) Natural disasters like cyclones can be prevented by taking help from satellite forecast about the weather details.
Please find below the additional set of 10 sentences on Natural Calamities which are written in a very simple language, easy to comprehend and can be helpful for you in exam, quizzes, and debates, group discussion, speech, paragraphs, articles, essays etc.
10 Lines on Natural Calamities – Set 2
1) Natural disasters like earthquakes and Tsunami can kill millions of people and damage the properties in a moment of time.
2) The response to natural calamities needs proper management plan so as to minimize the extent of damage to lives and property.
3) Global warming and climate change due to human interventions have led to many natural calamities like floods, storms and cyclones.
4) Urbanisation and industrialisation have led to massive erosion of forest cover resulting in natural calamities.
5) In India, government has enacted the ‘Disaster Management Act’ to face the natural calamities.
6) The ‘National Disaster Response Force’ has been constituted for the purpose of safety of lives during calamities.
7) Various kinds of funds like ‘Prime Minister Relief Fund’ and ‘National Disaster Relief Fund’ help the victims of natural disaster.
8) The honest and hardworking leadership team formed by the government is required to deal with the calamities like Tsunami and cyclones.
9) People in developed nation have taken insurance coverage for their houses and belongings in order to save them from damages during natural disasters.
10) Natural disasters or calamities have deeper impact on the life of individual, society and the nation as a whole.
Every nation should be ready in advance for dealing with the natural disasters. Awareness programs should also be organized by the government in sensitive and affected areas so that relief operation could be carried out successfully in case of natural calamities. The sustainable development in harmony with nature is the need of the hour for preventing our nation from natural calamities.