Road Safety Week is a national event that is aimed to raise and spread awareness regarding the traffic rules and to limit the casualties happening due to road accidents. Daily we see in the newspapers, magazines, and TV that people lose lives in road accidents. It is also said that people have died more in road accidents than in wars.
There are many people who are unaware of rules and regulations whereas some are just ignorant and defy traffic rules and signals. Road Safety Week helps them to know the importance of traffic rules and raise the awareness to follow traffic rules.
Ten Lines on National Road Safety Week in English
This year a national road safety campaign will run for a whole month as "National Road Safety Month" from 18 January 2021 to 17 February 2021 with the special theme "Sadak Suraksha- Jeevan Raksha".
You can add these 10 lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. It will also help you while writing essays on road safety, the importance of traffic rules essay, road safety week, road safety week month, road safety essay etc.
10 Lines on National Road Safety Week – Set 1
1) Road Safety Week is a national event that spreads awareness regarding traffic rules.
2) Road Safety Week 2021 was celebrated as 'National Road Safety Month' from 18 January to 17 February.
3) The theme of National Road Safety Month 2021 was "Sadak Suraksha- Jeevan Raksha".
4) Another aim to observe Road Safety Week is to reduce casualties due to road accidents.
5) Due to a lack of knowledge and unawareness of traffic rules, people meet with accidents.
6) Road Safety Week is celebrated by giving roses and chocolates to people on road as a request to obey traffic rules.
7) Commuters are explained about the importance and ways of road safety.
8) Importance of wearing seat belts for 4 wheelers is also shared with the people.
9) People are also urged to wear helmets on two-wheelers for both riders.
10) Road Safety Week also makes us realize the importance of safety on the road and safety first.
We have provided another set of ten lines on National Road Safety week. After going through these lines, you will know that what is happening on roads nowadays, what are the effects of road accidents, what the WHO report says, when National Road Safety Week is going to be celebrated, what activities and steps are taken by the government to curb road accidents.
You can use these lines in your speeches and extempore in the school competitions. These lines will also increase your knowledge on national Road Safety Week and it will also be very useful in your seminars as well as in your GK quiz competitions.
10 Lines on National Road Safety Week – Set 2
1) Road accidents have become common on the roads and the basic reason is non-compliance with traffic rules and Road Safety Week helps to reduce it.
2) As accidents on road are occurring on a large scale the number of injuries and deaths are also increasing day by day.
3) According to World Health Organisation (WHO), a number of hospitalization and deaths are caused due to road accidents.
4) As a result, it is decided to observe national Road Safety Week and in 2019 it will be celebrated from February 4th to 10th.
5) Various seminars, campaigns, processions are carried out in order to give information about road safety rules.
6) Government has made various rules for road traffic and safety so that whosoever is riding vehicle must come and go safe.
7) Nowadays, traffic police are also posing heavy fines to those who are drunken, using cell phones, or people driving on the wrong side.
8) Various posters and placards are placed at the roadside showing the slogan like “Better Late than Never” or “Drive Safely”.
9) Newspapers, TV, radio, etc also participate actively where advertisements and slogans related to road safety are published and broadcasted.
10) By these efforts of the government and other agencies, people are using helmets and seat-belts while driving two and four-wheelers.
More than 2.5 billion people lose their lives across the globe and the major cause for this casualty is road accidents. The loss of life of the people in accidents is borne by their family and nation. It leads to a financial crisis in the family as well as emotional pain to its members. Therefore, it is necessary for everybody to abide by all the traffic rules and regulations and Road Safety Week plays a vital role in it.