Road Safety Week is a national event that is aimed to raise and spread awareness regarding the traffic rules and to limit the casualties happening due to road accidents. Daily we see in the newspapers, magazines, and TV that people lose lives in road accidents. It is also said that people have died more in road accidents than in wars. There are many people who are unaware of rules and regulations whereas some are just ignorant and defy traffic rules and signals. Road Safety Week helps them to know the importance of traffic rules and raise the awareness to follow traffic rules.
Ten Lines on National Road Safety Week in English
Some sets of 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on National Road Safety Week are given below for Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. You can add these 10 lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. It will also help you while writing essays on road safety, the importance of traffic rules essay, road safety week, road safety week month, road safety essay etc.
10 Lines on National Road Safety Week
1) Road Safety Week is a national event that spreads awareness regarding traffic rules.
2) Road Safety Week 2021 was celebrated as 'National Road Safety Month' from 18 January to 17 February.
3) The theme of National Road Safety Month 2021 was "Sadak Suraksha- Jeevan Raksha".
4) Another aim to observe Road Safety Week is to reduce casualties due to road accidents.
5) Due to a lack of knowledge and unawareness of traffic rules, people meet with accidents.
6) Road Safety Week is celebrated by giving roses and chocolates to people on road as a request to obey traffic rules.
7) Commuters are explained about the importance and ways of road safety.
8) Importance of wearing seat belts for 4 wheelers is also shared with the people.
9) People are also urged to wear helmets on two-wheelers for both riders.
10) Road Safety Week also makes us realize the importance of safety on the road and safety first.
10 Lines and Sentences on National Road Safety Week
1) Road accidents have become common on the roads and the basic reason is non-compliance with traffic rules and Road Safety Week helps to reduce it.
2) As accidents on road are occurring on a large scale the number of injuries and deaths are also increasing day by day.
3) According to World Health Organisation (WHO), a number of hospitalization and deaths are caused due to road accidents.
4) As a result, it is decided to observe national Road Safety Week and in 2019 it will be celebrated from February 4th to 10th.
5) Various seminars, campaigns, processions are carried out in order to give information about road safety rules.
6) Government has made various rules for road traffic and safety so that whosoever is riding vehicle must come and go safe.
7) Nowadays, traffic police are also posing heavy fines to those who are drunken, using cell phones, or people driving on the wrong side.
8) Various posters and placards are placed at the roadside showing the slogan like “Better Late than Never” or “Drive Safely”.
9) Newspapers, TV, radio, etc also participate actively where advertisements and slogans related to road safety are published and broadcasted.
10) By these efforts of the government and other agencies, people are using helmets and seat-belts while driving two and four-wheelers.
5 Lines on National Road Safety Week
1) National Road Safety Week encourages road safety.
2) It highlights the importance of traffic rules.
3) This week request people to follow traffic rules.
4) It is a theme-based celebration.
5) Many campaigns are organized to spread awareness.
20 Lines on National Road Safety Week
1) Every year, 11 to 17 January in India is observed as National road safety week.
2) It was launched by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways in 1989.
3) It is organized every year by the National Safety Council of India.
4) The objective of this campaign is to ensure safety on roads and streets.
5) The ministry advises the state governments to organize activities during this week to make people aware of road safety rules.
6) The fund is also sanctioned to state governments by the ministry for carrying out these activities.
7) Several schools, colleges, community groups, etc also actively participate in road safety awareness activities.
8) People are made aware of driving safely so that accidents can be avoided.
9) This one-week awareness program focuses on minimizing road accident cases.
10) National road safety week can only be successful if we all abide by the road safety rules.
11) National Road Safety Week is celebrated in the second week of January annually since 1989.
12) The initiation of this campaign is an effort of the government to reduce road accidents and deaths.
13) Road accidents and death result due to carelessness and wrong way of driving of the people.
14) India reports maximum cases of road accidents and death in the world.
15) This year in 2021, 32nd National road safety week was celebrated.
16) There is a provision of celebrating the week every year with a particular theme.
17) The theme for 2021 celebration was “Safe yourself to save your family".
18) The programs like workshops, meetings, seminars are conducted to make people aware of road safety rules.
19) The banners, hoardings, pamphlets are also put up to make people follow traffic rules.
20) Heavy penalties or fines are also imposed on people for breaking the road safety rules.
More than 2.5 billion people lose their lives across the globe and the major cause for this casualty is road accidents. The loss of life of the people in accidents is borne by their family and nation. It leads to a financial crisis in the family as well as emotional pain to its members. Therefore, it is necessary for everybody to abide by all the traffic rules and regulations and Road Safety Week plays a vital role in it.