A monkey is a notorious but an interesting animal. We have often seen a monkey entering in our houses or in gardens and we start closing all the doors and windows. Children love to see monkeys and when he jumps and reaches another person’s roof, children get excited. We can find lots of monkeys at many temples where people feed them. Different kinds of monkeys can be found in zoo also.
Monkeys are so notorious that they try to snatch things from our hands and run away. Sometimes when a monkey gets angry, it tries to bite people going on the street or at any other place. Very few people have the courage to chase the monkeys.
Ten Lines on Monkey in English
We have provided a set of ten lines on monkey in English. After reading these lines you will know that what is a monkey, where monkeys are found, what is monkey’s classification, how a monkey looks, where the ear of monkeys is placed, what a monkey eats, from where a monkey gets its food, how many species of monkeys are in the world, how many years a monkey lives etc.
These lines will help you to write essay on monkey, five sentences about monkey or on the topic funniest zoo animal. It will also be very helpful if you have to write few lines on monkey for nursery class, class 1, class 2, class 3 or class 4.
10 Lines on Monkey
1) A monkey is an animal that lives mainly on trees; it often comes on the land in search of food.
2) Monkeys are found in most parts of Asia, Africa, and America except in Australia or colder places.
3) Monkeys are classified into two categories, viz “Old World Monkeys” and “New World Monkeys”.
4) Monkeys have fur on their skin with long legs and a grasping tail, a kind of tail that can catch or hold anything.
5) The nose of monkeys is just like humans where the nostrils come down and are joined together.
6) The ears of monkeys are on the sides of their heads which is clearly visible.
7) A monkey is mainly an herbivorous animal which means it eats plants, twigs, fruits, vegetables, etc.
8) Generally, a monkey lives on the trees and takes its food from there, but those living in cities steal the food from shops and homes.
9) There are more than 250 species of monkeys that are known to the world.
10) Generally, a monkey lives a minimum of 15 years to a maximum of 30 years if they live in a jungle.
10 Lines and Sentences on Monkey
1) There are around 1 to 2 billion monkeys living in this world, in which 5 million monkeys are in India.
2) The “Pigmy Marmoset” is very smallest monkey and the largest monkey is the “Mandrill”.
3) The main habitat of monkeys is grassland, high plane areas, trees and forests however they have started living in cities and towns also.
4) When too many monkeys move in a group, their group is called as a “troop”.
5) The speed of a monkey is 55 kms per hour when it runs on trees as well as on other things such as poles, wires, pipes etc.
6) Monkey uses all its four legs to run fast, they can jump and swing from one end to another end.
7) “Capuchin Monkeys” are considered to be the smartest among all monkeys; they have the ability to learn new skills.
8) Monkeys are also kept in zoo; ‘Madari’ in India is a person who shows monkey tricks and earns their livelihood.
9) Monkeys have importance in Hindu religion; “Lord Hanuman” is considered as the monkey god who assisted “Lord Ram” in victory over Lanka.
10) Monkey’s brain is mostly eaten in some countries like China, Malaysia etc.
5 Lines on Monkey
1) Monkey is a social animal.
2) They love eating bananas.
3) They are intelligent animals.
4) They have a long tail.
5) They can jump from tree to tree.
20 Lines on Monkey
1) Monkey is an animal that spend most of their life on trees.
2) It is found in every region of the world.
3) Monkey resembles human beings somewhat in appearance and behavior.
4) It is said as the ancestor of human beings.
5) The average lifespan of different species of monkey is 10-50 years.
6) Monkeys are differentiated into new world and old world monkeys.
7) It feeds on fruits, nuts, seeds, flowers, vegetables, and meat.
8) The body color of monkey differs depending on the type of species.
9) A somewhat human-like face, four legs, two eyes, and a long tail are the body features of a monkey.
10) The long tail in monkey helps it in balancing its body while climbing or hanging on trees.
11) Monkey is a group of mammals that belongs to the kingdom Animalia.
12) It is very social and notorious animal.
13) It love jumping and playing with other monkeys in the group.
14) Monkey sleep in a distinct style by sitting on the branches of the trees.
15) Monkey loves eating bananas as food.
16) Monkey shows its happiness by producing laughter-like sounds.
17) Monkey is mostly afraid of snakes.
18) It is the favorite animals of children because of its funny acts.
19) The act of taming monkeys for earning livelihood comes under the exploitation of wild animals.
20) Mandrill is the largest species of Monkeys while Pygmy Marmoset is the smallest one.
A monkey almost looks like a human being. Darwin and other scientists have said that monkeys were our forefathers. The only difference between a man and a monkey is that a man has two hands and two legs but a monkey has a tail and four long legs. It easily climbs on a tree and jumps over another one. Monkeys consider jumping as a part of their enjoyment. It quickly copies what a person is doing that’s why monkeys are trained to perform dance and sports tricks on roads and in the circus.