Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni better known as Michelangelo was an Italian painter, sculptor, architect and poet. Michelangelo lived a busy life. He was a great sculptor and artist of the Renaissance period. His two famous statues made on marble, the Pieta in Saint Peter's Basilica and David in Florence win a lot of admiration by the people. His most famous work of architecture is the east end and dome of Saint Peter's Basilica.
Ten Lines on Michelangelo
1) Michelangelo was an Italian sculptor, painter, architect, and poet born in the Republic of Florence.
2) He has been known as one of the greatest artists of all times.
3) A number of Michelangelo’s paintings; sculptures and architectures are very popular among the people of the whole world.
4) His two famous sculptors are the Pieta and David that he sculpted before the age of thirty.
5) Michelangelo was the first Western artist whose biography was published while he was still alive.
6) He was also a poet and had written more than 300 poems.
7) Michelangelo sculpted a number of Pietas in which he clearly reflects upon mortality.
8) Michelangelo was called Il Divino, or The Divine One.
9) He gained immense popularity as a sculptor when Florence’s most powerful family, the Medici, hired him.
10) Michelangelo died in Rome in 1564, at the age of 88.
In the other set of ten lines, we are providing here the detail and different facts about the legend Michelangelo. We have tried to put before you some precious facts which will enhance your knowledge and help you in completing his biography. School going students will be benefitted from these valuable points as with the help of these lines they can make their topics more attractive.
1) Michelangelo was considered parallel to the renowned artist and sculptor of Florence Leonardo da Vinci.
2) He painted two of the most dominant frescoes in the history of Western art: the scenes from Genesis on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel in Rome, and The Last Judgment on its altar wall.
3) Michelangelo was the successor of Antonio de Sangallo the Younger as the architect of St. Peter’s Basilica at the age of 74.
4) In 1497, Michelangelo had carved a sculpture of the Virgin Mary who showing her grief on Jesus Christ’s corpse that has been kept in St. Peter’s Basilica.
5) Michelangelo made the fresco of The Last Judgment on the Sistine Chapel’s alter wall and took a time of seven years from 1534.
6) Michelangelo was a bachelor, but there were gossips, in general, to have love affairs with Tommaso di Cavalieri and the poet Vittoria Colonna.
7) Michelangelo’s David is the most famous male nude statue of all time and en-routed to be reproduced in order to enhance the beauty of the cities all around the world.
8) Michelangelo was younger than Leonardo da Vinci by 23 years and older than Raphael by eight who was their contemporary and competitors.
9) In 1505, Michelangelo was deputed by Pope Julius II to build the Pope’s tomb and it took 40 years but Michelangelo was not fully satisfied by the work.
10) Due to old age and ill-health, he died in 1564 in Rome and his body was buried in his beloved Florence as he wished.
He was indifferent to food and drink, eating more out of necessity than of pleasure. He had written much poetry and reflected the different traits of life. His collection of poems was compiled in a book named Poem-285 whose last line depicts his wish "Neither painting nor sculpture will be able any longer to calm my soul, now turned toward that divine love that opened his arms on the cross to take us in."