Mewar festival is celebrated for welcoming the arrival of spring season with all enthusiasm and honour in the city of Udaipur, Rajasthan, as once upon a time Udaipur was the prime city under the Mewar kingdom.
Among all the festivals which are celebrated in Rajasthan, Mewar festival is celebrated with much ecstasy and wholeheartedness.
People from all over India come to Udaipur to visit and celebrate Mewar festival. The festival also attracts tourist from the world who visit to witness the grandeur of the celebration and be a part of it.
Mewar festival is three day celebration and during the festival period, whole city of Udaipur gets enlightened with lights, sparkles and colours of festivity.
Ten Lines on Mewar Festival in English
We have provided ten lines on Mewar festival in English. After reading these lines you will know that where Mewar festival is celebrated, when Mewar festival is celebrated, with which festival Mewar festival is celebrated, why Mewar festival is celebrated, what is the time period of Mewar festival, what importance does Udaipur have, what are the things which are included in Mewar festival, what are the highlights of Mewar festival etc.
You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. It will support your essays on Mewar festival as well as related topic like history of Mewar festival, importance of Mewar festival, Mewar festival in Udaipur or few points on Mewar Festival etc.
10 Lines on Mewar Festival – Set 1
1) Mewar festival is celebrated with great enthusiasm in Udaipur district of Rajasthan.
2) The festival is celebrated every year with great enthusiasm in the month of April.
3) Mewar festival is celebrated together with gangaur festival in Udaipur.
4) It also symbolically welcomes the spring season (king of seasons).
5) Mewar festival is celebrated with festivity and joy by the people of Udaipur.
6) It is a three days long festival containing the feast from 2nd to 4th April.
7) Udaipur is the heritage city of India having famous and iconic tourist spots.
8) Mewar festival gives an opportunity to everyone to review all the heritages of Mewar.
9) The rich heritage of Mewar includes art, dance, music, food, cultural diversity, etc.
10) People get involved in this event and enjoy the charm and attraction by participating in it.
We have provided another set of ten lines on Mewar festival. After going through these lines you will know that what is the aim of celebrating Mewar festival, with which festival the Mewar festival coincides, which organisation conducts Mewar festival, which event is celebrated at first, what are the different kinds of events and activities organised in Mewar festival, the Rangoli event is organised by which group etc.
You can use these lines in your speeches and extempore in the school competitions. These lines will also increase your knowledge on Mewar festival and it will also be very useful in your seminars as well as in your GK quiz competitions.
10 Lines on Mewar Festival – Set 2
1) The Mewar festival is celebrated annually by the people of Mewar as a representation of welcoming spring, the king of seasons.
2) Coinciding with ‘gangaur’ festival, the Mewar festival is also equally significant for the women of Rajasthan to fully enjoy the ceremony.
3) The spirit of Mewar festival can be seen in whole of Rajasthan as Udaipur had been the governing places of Mewar rulers.
4) Mewar festival is organised by the ‘Maharana of Mewar Charitable Foundation’ which focuses to preserve the traditions of Rajasthan.
5) A colourful event is organised every year to celebrate the legend of the heritages of Mewar and its culture and tradition.
6) Various seminars are also organised to give the information of the handicrafts which showcases the combination of tradition and modernity.
7) Mewar festival gives an opportunity to the local craftsmen to show their talent by displaying and selling their beautiful handicrafts.
8) Another event which is organised is ‘Food Rangoli’, which is a colourful representation of food conducted by HRH group of hotels.
9) Professional chefs participate to make variety of dishes and garnish them in just a beautiful way to represent the tradition of Rajasthan.
10) Indian classical as well as Rajasthani folk music is also performed during the music concert which includes singing, dancing and playing instruments.
Mewar festival shows the glimpse of Rajasthan and its rich tradition and culture. It also showcases the history of Rajasthan. The festival caters all the attraction and highlights of Mewar festival like Rangoli, music, multi variety cuisines and so on. This festival is celebrated each year with full enthusiasm and excitement. The extent of this festival is that not only the people of India but people across the world come to witness and participate in this grand festival and cherish the beauty of Indian culture and traditions.