There is probably no one who is not aware of the name ‘Mary Kom’. She is an Indian Olympic Boxer who has made India proud not once, twice or thrice but unaccountably many times. She belongs to a very rural area in the Manipur state of India. Mary Kom was a very dedicated and active woman since her childhood and had participated in every kind of activities like volleyball, football, and athletics, etc. Reading about her life is very inspiring and will teach us many good lessons in our lives.
Ten Lines on Mary Kom
1) Chungneijang Mary Kom Hmangte, famous as Mary Kom, is an Indian Olympic Boxer.
2) Belonging to Manipur in India, Mary Kom was born on 1st March 1983.
3) Mary Kom is the eldest of the three children of her father.
4) During the school days, Mary had a special interest in athletics especially in Javelin and 400 meters running.
5) Mary Kom completed her graduation from Churachandpur College in Manipur.
6) Mary Kom had an interest in sports in earlier days but later she shifted to Boxing as a career.
7) Mary Kom is the only woman to World Amateur Boxing Championship six times.
8) Also, Mary Kom is the only woman to participate in seven world championships and win a medal in each of them.
9) In March 2005, Mary Kom married to footballer Karung Onkholer.
10) Mary Kom was given a nickname ‘Magnificent Mary’ by International Amateur Boxing Association after her decisive performance in 2007.
In the 2nd set of 10 lines on Mary Kom, we are providing some special facts about Mary Kom. You will be able to know many things about her life and achievements apart from the 1st set. These points on Mary Komwould become useful to know the details about her. Students will get benefited from these special lines. They can use a few special points in their school assignments if they have stipulated a task to write about her. Hoping you will get amused by reading the below-provided lines:
1) Mary Kom achieved a gold medal in Asian Women’s Boxing Championship held in Kazakhstan.
2) Her 1st Gold in Asian Games was won on 1st October 2014 held in Incheon, South Korea.
3) Kom created history on 24th November 2018 by winning 6 World Championships.
4) She was only Indian woman to qualify for a boxing event in 2012 AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championship.
5) In 2012 AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championship she had won a Bronze medal.
6) Mary Kom became the brand ambassador of ‘Super Fight League’ on 24th September 2012.
7) Many awards like Arjun Award (2003), Padma Shri (2006), Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award (2009) and Padma Bhushan (2013), etc. are given to Mary Kom.
8) “Unbreakable” is the autobiography of Mary Kom published in 2013 by Harper Collins.
9) Mary Kom became a member of Rajya Sabha (Upper House) on 25th April 2016 nominated by the President of India Pranab Mukherjee.
10) Mary Kom has established a fight class in Imphal where she teaches self-defense to women.
Whereas Mary Kom is a hard-punching Boxer, she has immense love for animals and pets. Mary Kom is not less than an inspiration for the youths and females and especially to those women belonging to rural communities in India. There are many more achievements in her life which all are not impossible to be mentioned in a few words. Even after becoming the mother, she has not left boxing and is preparing for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.