Mackenzie River is the longest river system in Canada and it has the second largest drainage basin system in any North American river. Mackenzie has an extensive watershed which drains around 20 percent of overall Canada. Mackenzie River is the largest flowing river in the arctic to the North America and conjoining its tributaries. The length of Mackenzie River with its tributaries comes around 4241 km and it makes the river as the thirteenth longest river system of the world.
The gap between the Mackenzie River basin and the basin of Yukon River to the west forms a central portion between Northwest Territories and Yukon River. The river is also rich in many minerals like gold,zinc and uranium.
Ten Lines on Mackenzie River in English
We are providing here 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on Mackenzie River in English Language for students of Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. Students can get help in their studies from these sets of lines and complete their home work, assignments, project work and can get knowledge within less time also. So, let's start:
10 Lines on Mackenzie River
1) Mackenzie is a major and the longest river systems in North Canada.
2) Mackenzie River is named after the famous explorer Alexander Mackenzie.
3) The river has the second largest drainage basin in whole North America.
4) Mackenzie River starts from the western end of the south-west of the Yellowknife.
5) After heading west, Mackenzie River narrows and turns north-west of Jean-Marie River.
6) Mackenzie River continues to flow northwest till its confluence with north Nahanni River.
7) The length of Mackenzie River is 1738 km and its catchment area is 1,805,200 square km.
8) Mackenzie River’s water covers the areas of Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan etc.
9) The tributaries of Mackenzie River are Liard, Keele, Great Bear and Arctic Red Rivers.
10) Towns located on the banks of Mackenzie River are Fort Providence and Norman wells.
10 Lines and Sentences on Mackenzie River
1) Mackenzie River is the major river system which flows in north-western part of North America with a basin which is largest in whole Canada.
2) The Mackenzie which was previously known as ‘Disappointment River’ was named after Alexander Mackenzie.
3) The Mackenzie River flows via a vast and less populated tundra forest region which is spread within the Canadian Northwest Territories.
4) Mackenzie is the largest river which flows into Arctic from North America, and with its tributaries it becomes 4241 km long making it as 13th longest river of the world.
5) Mackenzie River flows to north-west through the Northwest Territories from Great Slave Lake to the Beaufort Sea with drainage basin of 1.8 million km2.
6) The headwaters of the Mackenzie River system comprised of several large rivers which drains from the north-east of British Columbia and Northern Alberta.
7) Mackenzie River is navigable for approximately five months in a year; it freezes in October and melts in May and during winters it is used as ice road.
8) The watershed of Mackenzie River is considered as one of the largest and most concentrated ecosystems in North America with 63 percent being forested.
9) Some parts of Mackenzie River are plenty of natural resources which contain oil and gas.
10) The W.A.C. Bennett and Peace Canyon Hydroelectric Dams are built on the upper Peace River tributary of Mackenzie River and completed in 1968 and 1980.
5 Lines on Mackenzie River
1) It is among the longest rivers in Canada.
2) It is named after Alexander Mackenzie.
3) It begins at the Western end of Great Slave Lake.
4) It is the second-largest river in North America.
5) The length of Mackenzie River is about 1,738 km.
20 Lines on Mackenzie River
1) Mackenzie River emerges in the northern part of North America.
2) It is regarded as the world's thirteenth longest river system along with its tributaries.
3) The river traces its major course in Canada.
4) Great Slave Lake in Canada is the originating place of the river Mackenzie.
5) Mackenzie River is 1738 km in length.
6) The area of the drainage basin of the Mackenzie River is 1805200 square km.
7) The drainage basin covers about 20% area of Canada.
8) Liard, Keele, Peel, etc are the tributaries of river Mackenzie.
9) North Nahanni River is stated as the major tributary of river Mackenzie.
10) Mackenzie River finally empties into the Arctic Ocean.
11) Mackenzie River is an important river in Canada.
12) The name of the river has been derived from the word Kuukpak that means Great River.
13) The river basin is stated as the second-largest drainage basin after Mississippi in North America.
14) Mackenzie River is regarded as the largest river of North America draining into the Arctic Ocean.
15) The river water remains frozen for almost six months of the year.
16) The river banks have been inhabited by people for thousands of years.
17) Mackenzie River valley is a reservoir of some important minerals.
18) It facilitates transportation and trade during the ice-free season of the year.
19) The river water is home to more than 50 species of fish.
20) The hydropower projects built on river tributaries provide irrigation and electricity facilities.
The agricultural land is developed only in the Peace River tributary which is located in south. Metallic minerals including oil and gas are also found in the eastern and southern region of the Mackenzie River basin. On the Peace River tributary system, hydroelectric power plant is built up from where electric power is supplied to the southern region towards 600 miles in Vancouver. The water of Mackenzie River used only for the transportation purpose and is not much utilized for other things.