One of the world’s longest river, Lena River flows in the Siberian region of Russia to the Arctic Ocean. It is the eleventh longest river of the world. The drainage basin of the Lena River covers a very large part of around 2,500,000 square km. The Lena River delta is the largest arctic delta of the world which covers about 32,000 square km.
The river supports a variety of different species which belongs to the region or nearby places and provides them a safe habitat. The name Lena comes from a word ‘Elyu-Ene’ which means “The Larger River”. The word comes from Evenks, a group of the people of Northern Asia.
Ten Lines on Lena River in English
We are providing here 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on Lena River in English Language for students of Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. Students can get help in their studies from these sets of lines and complete their home work, assignments, project work and can get knowledge within less time also. So, let's start:
10 Lines on Lena River
1) Lena River is one of the longest rivers located in Siberia which flows into Arctic Ocean.
2) Lena River is the easternmost among the three great Siberian Rivers of Arctic Ocean.
3) It originates from Baikal Mountains, south of the Central Siberian Plateau.
4) From Lake Baikal, Lena flows north-east and is joined by Kirenga, Vitim etc rivers.
5) From there, it turns westwards to Laptev Sea and gets emptied in New Siberian Islands.
6) The length of Lena River is 4472 km and the catchment area is 2,500,000 square km.
7) Lena River is the eleventh longest river in the world and has 9th largest catchment area.
8) The average or mean annual water discharge of Lena River is 588 cubic km per year.
9) Kirenga, Vitim, Olyokma, Amga etc rivers are the main tributaries of the Lena River.
10) The Lena River network also provides life support to different varieties of species in the region.
10 Lines and Sentences on Lena River
1) Lena River is the eleventh longest river of the world which flows in the region of Siberia, Russia and it’s the easternmost river among the three rivers of Siberia.
2) The name “Lena” derived from the word “Elyu-Ene” which means the “the larger river” which comes from the Evenks, the people of Northern Asia.
3) With an average annual water discharge of 588 cubic km per year, Lena River is the second largest of the Arctic Rivers after Yenisei River in Russia.
4) Lena starts from the elevation 1640 m in the Baikal Mountains towards the south of the central Siberian Plateau which is 7 km west from Lake Baikal.
5) Lena River flows north-east and is joined by Kirenga, Vitim, Oloyokma River and from Yakutsk, the river enters lowland and flows through Aldan River.
6) From there, Lena River bends westwards and flows alongside Verkhoyansk Range and makes its way close to the Laptev Sea, a division in Arctic Ocean.
7) Lena River Delta is the largest arctic delta in the world, with an area of 32,000 square km and numerous lands are protected as reserves like Nature Reserve, The Lena Pillars etc.
8) In 1623, Russian hunters under the leadership of ‘Demid Pyanda’ explored a 2400 km stretch of the Lena River from its upper shores to the Central Yakutia.
9) In the region where the Lena River flows, a wide variety of crops such as cucumber, potatoes, wheat, barley etc are commercially cultivated by the farmers.
10) The area nearby the Lena River is rich with minerals and includes precious metals such as gold and diamond; iron ore, coal and natural gas are also found in the region.
5 Lines on Lena River
1) This river is located in Russia.
2) It is among the three great Siberian rivers.
3) It emerges from Baikal Mountains, Siberian plateau.
4) It is the world’s eleventh longest river.
5) It is about 4472 km in length.
20 Lines on Lena River
1) Lena River emerges from the south-central part of Russia.
2) It is regarded as the world's eleventh longest river.
3) The river traces its course in the country Russia.
4) Baikal Mountains in the south of the central Siberian plateau is the originating place of the river Lena.
5) Lena River is 4294 km in length.
6) The area of the drainage basin of river Lena is 2490000 square km.
7) It's major portion is frozen for more than six months of the year.
8) Vilyuy, Tuolba, Linde, etc are the left bank tributaries of river Lena.
9) Kirenga, Vitim, Aldan, etc are the right bank tributarues of river Lena.
10) The average annual discharge of river Lena is 489 cubic kilometers per year.
11) Lena River empties into the Arctic Ocean through the Laptev Sea.
12) The name of the river is derived from Elyu-Ene which means 'large river'.
13) It fulfills the need of people residing on the river banks.
14) It lies easternmost among all three major Siberian rivers.
15) It is regarded as the longest river in Russia.
16) The catchment of the river remains frozen for more than six months of the year.
17) Lena delta of the area of more than 100 km is formed at the mouth of river Lena.
18) It remains frozen for more than seven months of the year.
19) The delta melts in the summer months to form a lush wetland.
20) Lena Delta Wildlife Reserve is a conserved area of Lena delta.
In present day, Lena River has also faced the curse of modernisation and has become affected with pollution. Another reason for pollution of Lena River is serious exploitation of its water for generating hydroelectricity. The Lena River delta is also affected with illegal mining activities as well as deforestation in the nearby areas along with agricultural development which is hampering the growth and development of the species as well as human beings who are highly dependent on the river.