Labour Law or employment law, created by a state, is a law that do define the relationship between the workers, employers, trade unions and the government. The main objective of the Labour Law is to spread awareness among workers about their rights and implementing the local scenario in view of the increasing importance of workers in the economic and social life of different countries and improving their status.
Ten Lines on Labour Law in English
After going through these special points you will know about the main objective of this law. This set of Ten Lines on Labour Law will also help students to know about this law in very easy terms.
10 Lines on Labour Law – Set 1
1) Labour Law regulates the conditions of work and workers and refers to the obligation of factories owners and workers.
2) Industrial Conflicts Act 1947, Indian Labour Union Act 1926, Workmen's Compensation Act 1923 etc. fall under the category of industry and labour-related legislation.
3) All the Acts come under the legislation related to social security.
4) It provides various social benefits for workers such as sickness, maternity, employment-related trauma, provident fund, minimum wage etc.
5) There are 128 labour and industrial laws currently in force in India.
6) Workers are specific groups of society and the legislations made for workers fall into a different category of social legislation.
7) The prevalence of labour legislation has increased due to proliferation, deterioration of the prerogatives of employers and employers and many other reasons.
8) Some important topics of modern labour legislation are the number of wages, payment of wages, deductions from wages, working hours, rest intervals, weekly leave etc.
9) It also emphasise on terms of employment, bonus, worker's compensation, child labour etc.
10) The benefit and welfare fund is also decided by this law.
We have bestowed below another set of Ten Lines on Labour Law for our avid readers. Through these facts, you will know the basic concept of the rights provided by our constitution to the workers.
This set of Ten Lines on Labour Law is also important for students to know about this law as well as they may use these special points in writing about this law in their academic tasks.
10 Lines on Labour Law – Set 2
1) Labour Law ensures the written employment agreement between the employer and the employee.
2) The wages, job designation, working time and dispute resolution methods etc. are mentioned on this agreement.
3) The minimum wages act of this law provides the guarantee to the labours according to the type of work and working hours.
4) Labour Law determines the maximum 48 hours of work in a week and not more than 9 hours a day to the employees.
5) It also ensures that for extra working hours, the employee should be paid double the wages for extra time.
6) Labour Law provides compensatory leave or double wages in case of working on national holidays.
7) If the employer wants to run his establishment these days, he must take permission from the appropriate authority.
8) Our constitution directs the states to provide maternity relief to female employees through Labour Law.
9) The constitution of our country orders Equal Pay for Equal Work for both Male and Female under Article 39 (D).
10) The Payment of Wages Act directs the employer to pay wages within a specified time.
In fact, labour legislation is a part of social legislation. Workers are specific groups of society. For this reason, the legislations made for workers fall into a different category of social legislation.
The prevalence of labour legislation has increased due to proliferation, deterioration of the prerogatives of employees and employers and many other reasons. Considering the prevalence of labour laws and their increasing importance, it is considered appropriate to execute them properly.