The word ‘Jnan’ comes from Sanskrit language which refers to knowledge. The Indian literature is considered to be the oldest literature in the world. It provides us the evidence of early human existence and their way of survival. Indian literatures are also accepted and commended by the whole world.
The Jnanpith is an ultimate literary Indian award conferred annually for accepting, decorating and promoting the Indian Literary art and culture. From the date of its institution, Jnanpith has awarded many authors for their exceptional contribution in the field of Indian Literature.
Ten Lines on Jnanpith Award in English
Though the concept of Jnanpith Award is very vast, we have tried to summarize it in ten important lines.
The sets given below will provide you the ten important facts of Jnanpith Award.
We have used very basic language and simple words to make it worthwhile for you.
You can go with your selected sets from these as per your need and requirement:
10 Lines on Jnanpith Award - Set 1
1) The Literary Award, Jnanpith was initiated in year 1961.
2) The Jnanpith Awards are regulated by Bharatiya Jnanpith.
3) Only Indian authors can have privilege of being awarded with Jnanpith Award.
4) The Awardees are conferred with a magnificent Plaque and some cash allowance of Rs. 11,00,000.
5) The Jnanpith Award is presented in 23 different language including English and 22 languages from 8th schedule of Indian Constitution.
6) G. Sankara Kurup, well known for his contribution in Malayalam literature, was the first person to achieve Jnanpith Award (1965).
7) Amitav Ghosh, in 2018, brought the first Jnanpith Award in account of English language.
8) The Jnanpith Award was instituted in memory of great industrialist Sahu Shanti Prasad Jain.
9) The Jnanpith Award has no facility of being presented posthumously.
10) The Hindi and Kannada languages have achieved maximum numbers of Jnanpith Award till the date.
We are providing you another set of 10 points on India literary honour Jnanpith Award. The few important facts that were not given above are being discussed in the following set. The set is created in easy language and will help you in collecting more valuable information on Jnanpith Award.
10 Lines on Jnanpith Award - Set 2
1) Jnanpith is the highest ranking Indian award in the field of literature.
2) The Jnanpith was initiated with cash allowance of Rs. 1,00,000 for its recipients.
3) The cash allowance of 11 lakh was revised in year 2015.
4) The selection board of Jnanpith Award includes seven to eleven members.
5) The name of the recipient of Jnanpith Award is announced by the Selection Board.
6) The tenure of the members of Selection Board is three years which can be further extended.
7) A total number of 59 people have been awarded with Jnanpith award till the year 2019.
8) The bronze made plaque of Hindu goddess “Saraswati” is literally a replica of the statue of “Goddess Saraswati” from the famous temple of Malwa.
9) The date of institution of Jnanpith Award was the 50th birthday of Sahu Prasad Jain.
10)Every Indian writer who writes in any of the 22 language mentioned in 8th schedule of Indian Constitution and also in English is eligible to be nominated for Jnanpith Award.
Initially the Jnanpith Award was distributed for a single piece of work but now with a major modification it recognizes the lifetime contribution in the field of Indian literature. The Jnanpith Award was initiated with a view to promote Indian literature worldwide.