Jawaharlal University is one of the most prominent Universities in India and was established in 1969 by a parliamentary act. The University was established to honour and named after the first prime minister of India Late Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru for his achievement and involvement in politics. The University holds many rewards and records and thus plays a very important role in the field of education. The history and the background of the university is quiet interesting and worth to be shared so here it is.
Ten Lines on Jawaharlal Nehru University in English
We have prepared the 1st set of 10 lines on Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU).
The set is very important for readers, especially for those students who are wishing to take admission in some University few days or years later.
The Information provided through the points is true and will put some positive as well as negative sides of the University in front of you.
So let’s read the first set below.
10 Lines on Jawaharlal Nehru University – Set 1
1) Jawaharlal Nehru University is situated in New Delhi and is a public University.
2) The Jawaharlal Nehru University was established on 22nd April 1969.
3) The university is named after the first Prime Minister of Indian Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
4) The total campus of Jawaharlal Nehru University covers an area of more than 1000 acres.
5) The Founder Chairman and Rector of the university was Prof. Moonis Raza.
6) The first vice-chancellor of Jawaharlal Nehru University was Gopalaswami Parthasarathy.
7) The university has granted accreditation and recognition to many well reputed colleges and academies.
8) The University was awarded by the President of India in 2017 by ‘Visitor’s Award’ for Best University.
9) Jawaharlal Nehru University is ranked number 2 among the top 10 universities in India.
10) With an excellent faculty, the University was built to make Nehru’s vision true.
Another set of 10 lines on Jawaharlal University is provided below. Although the points in the set were true and related to the topic yet there is still some information worth to be shared with the reader. The 2nd set is prepared in easy language and will make your knowledge about the University complete. Let’s not talk much and read the set right now.
10 Lines on Jawaharlal Nehru University – Set 2
1) Jawaharlal Nehru University is one of the premier Universities of India.
2) The University was established by the act of parliament in 1969.
3) The bill for the establishment of the University was passed in Lok Sabha on 16th November 1966.
4) Jawaharlal Nehru University is abbreviated as JNU in short.
5) JNU is the first University in India to provide its various courses in foreign languages.
6) JNU claims that its faculty works on developing the learning process rather than traditional marking scheme.
7) The faculty of JNU is full of many prestigious National and International civilian awardees.
8) Also many academies of University are acclaimed with ‘Centres of Excellence’ by the UGC (University Grants Commission).
9) JNU has collaborated with many universities in the world for research in various fields.
10) JNU has itself been titled as the ‘University of Excellence’.
Jawaharlal University has a very strong historic background and that is why it always remains connected to political activities. JNU is one of the leading Universities in India but it is often found to be mentioned in many controversies like Rainbow Walk controversy in 2015 and sedition Controversy in 2016 and many others. The Jawaharlal University does not lack youth and talent and leading them in right direction can make to rapidly march towards the Development.