Sports play a very important role in today’s world. Many sports persons involved in different sports and athletics are doing their best and making India proud all over the world. The hard work of sports persons and the facilities and encouragement of related organisation have played equal role in reaching India to the heights of Success. A player cannot be a good player if he is not provided with good facilities in which a good playground or space plays the most important role.
This time we are going to discuss the ‘Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium’ of New Delhi which itself is a great centre if attraction and has contributed in many sports including weightlifting, cricket, archery, football, basketball and many other events. There are many facts to know about the stadium that we will read through the help of the sets below.
Ten Lines on Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in English
The first set of 10 lines on Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium is provided below.
The set is full of important information about the mentioned stadium that is worth sharing.
The set is prepared in easy language and we expect that the reader will not face any complexity in reading every single point below.
Additionally the set will provide you a confidence over the topic so let us begin reading the set below.
10 Lines on Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium – Set 1
1) Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium is a 60,000 capacity stadium located at New Delhi in India.
2) It was constructed by the Government of India in 1982 and opened in 1983.
3) Its sitting capacity of the stadium makes it the 4th largest stadium of India.
4) The stadium got its first renovation by the Government of India in the year 2010.
5) The stadium was to be renovated for ‘2010 Commonwealth Games’.
6) The stadium was redesigned by the ‘Gerkan, Marg and Partners’ and ‘Schlaich Bergermann & Partner’.
7) The stadium was used for ‘2011 South Asian Football Federation Cup’.
8) The stadium is equipped with stairs, lifts and escalators for VIPs and VVIPs.
9) The stadium provides Air-Conditioned facilities for important persons.
10) Both its architectural and structural designs make it unique and different from others.
Another set of 10 lines on Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium is provided below. The set is very useful and brings some additional important information on the topic. The reader can add few or all of these few points in his/her essay or speeches and make them more explanatory. The set is a combination of some very useful information and we hope that it will serve you the best.
10 Lines on Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium – Set 2
1) The Stadium is named after the first prime minister of India Late Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
2) Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium is the most expensive stadium in India as well as in South Asia.
3) The stadium was constructed with the purpose to host 1982 Asian Games.
4) The ‘1989 Asian Championships in Athletics’ was also held in the stadium.
5) From the 27th July 2010, the stadium is completely opened for general public.
6) The stadium provides the facility for Football, Athletics, Weightlifting, badminton, Cricket, Lawn Tennis, Table Tennis, and Fitness Centre etc.
7) The stadium suits the best to use as the concert.
8) The unique membrane roof of the stadium can shelter the 60,000 audience.
9) Jawaharlal Nehru stadium is a multipurpose stadium being host to many International events.
10) The stadium had the capacity of 78000 audiences which was decreased to 60000 after renovation.
One can clearly see that ‘Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium’ is not an ordinary stadium. Its unique structure and various facilities make it different from other sports stadium in India and also from many other International Sports Stadiums. The stadium was built for many purposes that it is actually serving so in our opinion, it will not be wrong that the ‘Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium’ is not less than a pride of India which the whole world will remember forever.