India has a long coastline covered with water on its 3 sides. It means that India has great advantage at trading via sea route which is quiet fast, secure and convenient. A place near the sea shore which is especially developed to establish a trade through sea route is called Port. Modernization of Port in a country directly impacts its business with other countries.
In the case of India, a Port values the most if it comes to International Trading. Jawaharlal Nehru Port in Maharashtra is one of the most important Ports in India and is a great source of import and export of various kinds of goods. There is a lot to know about the Jawaharlal Nehru Port that we will read through the sets provided below.
Ten Lines on Jawaharlal Nehru Port in English
We are presenting the 1st set of 10 lines on Jawaharlal Nehru Port below.
The set is very important and covers all the relevant and important information on the topic.
The facts discussed through the points below will provide you huge information about the Jawaharlal Nehru Port in Maharashtra.
We hope the set will help you in creating an attractive project on the topic clearing all your doubts about it so let’s read the set now.
10 Lines on Jawaharlal Nehru Port – Set 1
1) Jawaharlal Nehru Port is the largest container port in India.
2) In the state of Maharashtra, the port is located in the east part of Mumbai.
3) The Jawaharlal Nehru Port was established on 26th May 1989.
4) Jawaharlal Nehru Port is ranked 28th in the top 100 container Ports in the world.
5) The port is equipped with modern technology, man power and efficiency to compete in the world.
6) The port exports textiles, carpets, chemicals and pharmaceuticals and other important items.
7) The port imports chemicals, plastics, vegetable oils, machinery, electrical machinery and aluminium etc.
8) India's first privatized container terminal ‘NSICT’ was commissioned at JNPT in 1999-2000.
9) The Jawaharlal Nehru Port is a terminal of Western Dedicated Freight Corridor.
10) The Jawaharlal Nehru Port is owned by the Government of India.
Here we are providing another set of 10 lines on Jawaharlal Nehru Port below. There were a number of facts that need to be shared with the reader and it caused us to create the 2nd set of few points on the topic. The set will provide you some other and useful information on the topic. The reader can use few or all of these points in their essays or speeches to make them more elaborative. Let’s start reading the set now.
10 Lines on Jawaharlal Nehru Port – Set 2
1) The Jawaharlal Nehru Port is located on the Arabian Sea in Mumbai.
2) The port is also well known as the ‘Nhava Sheva port’ in India.
3) The Jawaharlal Nehru Port is operated by a trust named ‘Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust’.
4) The port handles about 55% of containerized cargo of India.
5) The Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust is abbreviated as JNPT in short.
6) The port is also a source for exporting sporting goods, textile machinery, boneless meat etc.
7) The Jawaharlal Nehru Port became the 1st Indian port to handle ‘Twenty-Foot Equivalent Unit’ more than 1 million in 2001.
8) Jawaharlal Nehru Port assures the safety and security of life, equipments and cargo.
9) Jawaharlal Nehru Port is an important port in India leading in technology and human power.
10) Now the JNPT is working on becoming the premier container port of South Asia.
The Jawaharlal Nehru Port is a major source of International Trade of the Government of India. The Port is well equipped with various modern tools and technologies to serve its best as told in the sets above. The Jawaharlal Nehru Port was inaugurated in 1989 in the presence of then Chief Minister of Maharashtra Mr. Sharad Pawar, Former Prime Minister Mr. Rajiv Gandhi, First Chairperson of JN Port MS Anna Malhotra and Former Minister for Surface Transport Mr. Rajesh Pilot. The Port is successfully serving since its institution and is the support of trade for the Government of India.