International Day of Families is celebrated on 15th May every year globally to raise awareness about the issues faced by families in society. The celebration gives the opportunity to the international community to strategize and plan the policies and schemes for major challenges faced by families like poverty, hunger, unemployment, illiteracy, gender inequality, violence against women and girls, health issues. The day is celebrated by organizing presentations, speeches, conferences, radio and television programs in order to increase the importance of families.
Ten Lines on International Day of Families
1) Every year 15th of May is celebrated as the International Day of Families.
2) United Nations in 1993 declared this day to be celebrated as International Day of Families.
3) Father, mother, and children form a complete family.
4) Family is a very important support system for us.
5) Its presence brings a feeling of security to us.
6) This day reminds us about the importance of family in our life.
7) The objective of the celebration of the day is to focus on different problems faced by families.
8) It brings an understanding of different factors that affect families.
9) Poverty, illiteracy, and unemployment are prevailing issues for the poor condition of families in India.
10) A happy family can only help in the progress of society and nation.
1) The entire world celebrates 15th May as the International Day of Families.
2) Family is rendered as the basic unit of society.
3) This day states the importance of family in society.
4) The day is celebrated to honor all the families in the world.
5) Every year this day is celebrated with a particular theme.
6) 'Families and new technologies' was the theme for the celebration of this day in 2021.
7) This states the benefits of emerging technologies on families.
8) Every country in the world celebrates this day in its own way.
9) Seminars, programs, exhibitions are organized to show the importance of families.
10) The government also launches different policies for the welfare of families.
1) The International Day of Families is celebrated every year on 15th May in order to reflect the importance which the global community attaches to the families.
2) The program celebration aims to highlight the importance of issues that relate to families, the most basic units of societies around the world.
3) Family refers to the units in a society comprising of a group of parents and their children.
4) The celebration stresses increasing the knowledge of social, economic and demographic processes influencing the families.
5) The idea of celebrating the International Day of Families was first proposed by the UN General Assembly in the year 1993.
6) The celebration inspires several nations around the world to organize various community awareness programmes in societies.
7) Every year the International Day of Families is celebrated across the world with a theme to promote the issues and challenges faced by families in society.
8) International Day of Families 2019 theme is ‘’Families and Climate Action: Focus on Sustainable Development Goals”.
9) The International Day of Families 2019 theme implies the role of families in climate change mitigation for a sustainable future.
10) Many global programs like conferences, panel discussions, seminars, awareness concerts are organized on the International Day of Families.
1) International Day of Families gives the opportunity to the international community to improve the living standard of families residing in poor nations.
2) Local government administrations celebrate the International Day of Families by organizing events like workshops, seminars, exhibitions, etc.
3) Various NGOs organize the celebrations for a particular section of society around the world such as school children or young adults.
4) One of the objectives of celebrating the day is to address the concerns of families like poverty, illiteracy, and unemployment.
5) On this day, the governments run various campaigns through print and electronic media on schemes benefiting the families.
6) UN organizes the campaigns, educational sessions for public policies at the regional level in order to strengthen family units.
7) Schools and educational institutions organize cultural programmes highlighting the themes in order to celebrate the International Day of Families.
8) The day plays a crucial role in achieving the objectives of the UN in ending poverty, protecting the climate and ensuring well being of all by 2030.
9) It also raises awareness about the issues faced by families like violence, discrimination, and gender inequality.
10) Governments, civil communities, NGOs should collaborate to organize activities for the welfare of families in societies around the world.
International Day of Families is a very significant day as it spreads awareness among people about the challenges being faced by families due to global trends and demographic changes. The issues of affordability of healthcare, poverty, education, violence, discrimination, climate change are of prime importance in the 21st century for building a sustainable planet for our future generation and families. The day also helps in empowering women and girls by running global campaigns on gender equality and the importance of education to all.