Although it is still unclear where the Cricket has actually started yet it was played for the first time in England. Slowly it became popular in many other countries and reached India in 1792 when the first Cricket Club was constructed at Calcutta. Initially, it was a popular sport for men but skilled women cricket players have proved their talent in cricket since 1976. There is a lot to know about the Indian Women’s Cricket Team that we will learn through sets below.
Ten Lines on Indian Women’s National Cricket Team
1) The Indian Women’s Cricket Team was formed under the Women’s Cricket Association in 1973.
2) Indian Women’s Cricket Team debuted in a Test match against West Indies in 1976.
3) In 2006, the Women’s Cricket Association was merged with BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India).
4) Indian Women’s Team color is blue.
5) The team currently has about 13 active players.
6) Indian Women’s Cricket Team has never won any world cup title till now.
7) Indian Women’s Cricket Team is the only Asian team to reach the final of the world cup.
8) Indian Women’s Cricket Team has reached the semi-finals of T20 World Cup thrice.
9) Mithali Raj of Indian Cricket Team is the first India Cricket Player to score 6000+ ODI runs.
10) The first Asia Cup was under the court of the Indian Women’s Cricket Team in 2004.
Another set of 10 lines on Indian Women’s National Cricket Team is created by us for you. In the second set, we have discussed all the information that are worth to be read, feel proud and may be helpful for you in gaining some advance information on the topic. The set is created by us in a very easy language and with the use of very basic words so that you must not feel discomfort while reading the set. It would be fun to read the set so let’s experience it.
10 Lines on Indian Women’s National Cricket Team – Set 2
1) BCCI is currently the Governing body of both Indian Men’s and Women’s Cricket Team.
2) Indian Women’s Cricket Team is also called the ‘Women’s in Blue’.
3) The Women Cricket Team of India is the only Asian Team to reach the semi-final of T20 of the World Cup.
4) Indian Women’s Cricket Team has never lost to Pakistan, Bangladesh, Ireland, Netherlands or Denmark in any ODI.
5) The contracts for Indian Women Cricket Player are paid on the basis of 3 grades like A, B, and C.
6) ₹50 lakh to grade A player, 30 lakh to grade B and 10 lakh to grade C players are paid annually.
7) The highest ODI score of the Indian Women’s Cricket Team was 358 for 3 wickets on 15th May 2017 against South Africa.
8) The highest total in Test cricket was 467 runs against England in 2002.
9) Total wins percent of Indian women’s team till 2019 is more than 55%.
10) With 6808* runs, Indian cricket player ‘Mithali Raj’ has the record of most career runs.
Indian Women’s Cricket Team has proved that they are not back to Men’s Cricket Team. Indian Women’s Cricket Team has achieved several milestones in their entire journey and a lot are yet to be achieved but they lack in getting as much popularity as the Men’s Cricket Team India. The Indian Women’s Cricket Team is doing its best and I think we must support those players too so that they can make us feel proud on the International level as they have made many times.