Over a period of time, with advancement in medical technology and life style the period of longevity has increased for the grandparents. Grandparents are popularly known as caregivers for the children in the family. Grandparents not only help the grand children in their studies, personal growth but also inculcate the moral values and good habits among them.
Every year 8th September is celebrated as ‘National Grandparents Day’ a secular holiday across the globe to honour and recognize the contributions of grandparents in our lives. The role of grandparents has become increasingly important in the family where children need the emotional support apart from normal parenting.
Ten Lines on Grandparents in English
We have provided ten lines on ‘Grandparents’ in simple and easy words so that you can have better understanding about them, who are often regarded as one of the most experienced persons in a family. After going through these lines you will be able to understand as what is the importance of grandparents, how grandparent help to develop the family, how grandparent helps in the growth of the children, what is nuclear family etc.
You can use these lines while writing essay on grandparents, few lines on grandparents, some lines on grandparent’s day, essay on importance of grandparents, 10 points on grandparents for class 1, class 2, class 3 or class 4.
10 Lines on Grandparents – 1
1) The theoretical definition of grandparents refers to the parents of humans either from maternal side or from the paternal side.
2) Grandparents are the root of the family who are the most experienced persons and share the similar traits and qualities with their grandchildren.
3) They share special connection with grandchildren in the joint family as they act as mutual support system to each other.
4) Grandparents serve as role model for grand children by teaching them appropriate behaviour, providing encouragement in life and emotional support.
5) They celebrate a lot along with children in the joint family during festival time or birthdays.
6) Grandparents involvement with youth depends upon lot of factors which can vary with the age.
7) Family members in joint family can put their faith on grandparents when it comes to the caring of the child in absence of parents.
8) Grandparents need special attention from kids as they grow old and children need valuable knowledge and life lessons from their grandparents.
9) With changing times the concept of joint family system is gradually disappearing and taken over by nuclear family.
10) Nuclear family is mostly prevalent in cities where both the parents are working professionals and the grandparents are staying in the village.
Please also go through the additional set of ten lines on ‘Grandparents’ which is written in a very simple language, easy to comprehend and can be helpful for you in exam, quiz, debates, group discussion, speech, paragraphs, articles and essay.
10 Lines on Grandparents – 2
1) Grandparents are considered as the basic root of the family who provides support to the family with their experience and knowledge.
2) The younger generation don’t like the strict and disciplined attitude of the grandparents towards the life which leads to generation gap.
3) Sometimes striking a balance between generations becomes extremely difficult task for the entire family which might lead to conflicts and misunderstanding.
4) Understanding the feelings of grandparents and involving them to current changes may lead to reduce conflicts and increase collaboration in the family.
5) Grandparents and the children both have to adjust their thinking towards each other to understand themselves better.
6) Grandparents inculcate lot of moral values and ethics in grandchildren which make them respect older people in society.
7) Grandparents can be very friendly in nature too often playing indoor and outdoor games with their grandchildren.
8) Grandparents advice about life can be very useful to the younger generation as they have already undergone various hardships in their own life.
9) They are very concern about their health and also teach younger generation to inculcate healthy habits in their daily lives.
10) Grandparents take care of the grandchildren and it is our responsibility also to show our love, care and respect towards them.
Grandparents are the oldest and most respected members of the family. They play a very important role in everyone’s life as they care about us selflessly and love us unconditionally. Having a healthy relationship with grandparents in today’s modern world can be very helpful because the amazing life lessons which are shared by them to us over a cup of tea or coffee can’t be learnt in any leadership training institute or class.