A goat is a domestic and a very useful animal, from a very long time it was tamed by humans. It is found in almost all parts of the world. The goat is a member of “Bovidae” family which includes Bison, African Buffalo, Water Buffalo and Sheep etc. Goat is a very useful and popular animal in India. It is very much useful during its life and also useful after its death. We get milk from the goat which is very nutritious. Goat’s skin is used to make leather goods and horns are used to make buttons.
Goat farming is a good business and it gives profit to many people because they tame a large number of goats and when they are grown, they start selling them. Goats also have importance in many religions. It is used in many rituals in Hinduism and Islamic religion.
Ten Lines on Goat in English
We have provided 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on goats in English for Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6, to understand about this domestic animal. You can add these lines in your essay and paragraph writing competition in your exams or in any competitions in the school.
These lines will also help you to know more about goat as what are the uses of goat, what are the characteristics of a goat, what sound does a goat make, what is the life span of a goat, how many breeds of goats are available, what is a male goat called, what is a female goat called, what is a herd, what a goat eats etc.
10 Lines on Goat
1) Goat is a useful and a domestic animal which was tamed by humans from a very long time.
2) Goat has four legs and a small tail and has horns on its head; the size can be from small to medium.
3) Goat has hooves on its legs and a long beard on its chin and the skin of the goat contains fur.
4) Goat produces a “Bleat” sound which is like the sound of a human child.
5) Goat is an Herbivorous animal which means it eats grass, leaves, plants, fruits, vegetables etc.
6) On an average, a goat eats up to 2 to 4 kg of fodder every day.
7) A goat lives up to 16 to 18 years if they are kept in good condition.
8) A male goat is called as a “Buck” whereas a female goat is called as a “Doe”.
9) Female goat gives birth to its offspring, called as “Kid” and on an average a goat gives birth to 2 to 3 kids at a time.
10) There are over 300 breeds of goat which are known to the world.
10 Lines and Sentences on Goat
1) There are 450 million of goats all over the world and in India their population is 140 million.
2) Generally, goats live alone or with their kids in a home but when they live in farm, male goats also live with them.
3) When too many goats move in a group, it is called as a “Herd”.
4) When a baby goat takes birth, it stands and takes its first step just after a few minutes.
5) The offspring of a goat is called as kid and when a goat gives birth to its babies, it is called “Kidding”.
6) Goats like to run and jump on the ground and climb on high rocks and enjoy playing.
7) Goats response to the human voice very well if they trust the voice of the human beings.
8) Goats, in general are very innocent and playful animal but sometimes they get angry and can hit with its horns and head.
9) Goats are tamed to get milk which is good for health, it also gives us skin by which leather items are made and the horn of goats are used for making buttons.
10) Goats have some importance in Hinduism as well as in Islamic religion; they are used for performing ritual for deities.
5 Lines on Goat
1) Goat is a useful animal.
2) They are herbivores.
3) They have two horns.
4) They give us milk.
5) People also eat goat meat.
20 Lines on Goat
1) Goat is a close relative of sheep and belongs to the family Bovidae.
2) The female goats are called as Nannies or Does while the male goats as Bucks or Billies.
3) Goat has two horns that differ in shape and size according to their species.
4) It is a ruminant mammal that can chew its food again after eating.
5) Goat after giving birth to its young ones eats the placenta to obtain nutrients.
6) The act of eating placenta reduces the smell of birth that helps it to protect its offspring from predators.
7) The process of milk production is also noticed in male goats.
8) Goat is the only ruminant mammal that has the potential of climbing.
9) It is a curious and intelligent animal that tends to live in groups.
10) Goat is reared by human beings for its milk, fur, meat, and skin.
11) Goat is a livestock animal that had been a good companion of human beings since ancient times.
12) The ancient fossil records state that it was the first animal to be domesticated by humans.
13) There are almost 300 species of goats found on this earth.
14) Goat inhabits every region of the world because of its adaptability in diverse climatic conditions.
15) Goat has different body color patterns depending upon their species.
16) It is a herbivore and chews everything that appears as a plant or plant product.
17) The gestation period in the goat is about 5 months.
18) Goat gives birth to 2-6 offspring at a time.
19) The young ones of a goat are called kids.
20) The average lifespan of a goat is about 15-18 years.
Goats are very useful animals for entire mankind because, from goats, we obtain milk, meat, and skin. The skin of the goat is used to make leather items and its horns are used to make buttons. Goats are very much beneficial for us either in living or after death. It is a herbivore animal that only survives on grass, leaves, plants, fruits, and vegetables. Goat is milch cattle and is a business-friendly animal. Goat rearing is a profitable business and they are sold at a good price once they grow up.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Goat
Ans. The Arapawa goat is one of the rarest goat breeds in the world.
Ans. Saanen is a breed of goat that was first found in the Saanen Valley in Switzerland. It is known as the “Queen of Milk” because it produces plenty of milk.
Ans. Boer goat is the most expensive goat species in the world.
Ans. Goats typically live between 8 and 12 years, though some breeds may live longer.
Ans. Yes, goats are surprisingly agile climbers and can climb trees if they desire.