A goat is a domestic and a very useful animal, from a very long time it was tamed by humans. It is found in almost all parts of the world. The goat is a member of “Bovidae” family which includes Bison, African Buffalo, Water Buffalo and Sheep etc. Goat is a very useful and popular animal in India. It is very much useful during its life and also useful after its death. We get milk from the goat which is very nutritious. Goat’s skin is used to make leather goods and horns are used to make buttons.
Goat farming is a good business and it gives profit to many people because they tame a large number of goats and when they are grown, they start selling them. Goats also have importance in many religions. It is used in many rituals in Hinduism and Islamic religion.
Ten Lines on Goat in English
We have provided ten lines on goats in English, which will be helpful for you to understand about this domestic animal. This will also be very useful if you have to write 10 lines on goat for class 1 to class 4. You can add these lines in your essay and paragraph writing competition in your exams or in any competitions in the school.
These lines will also help you to know more about goat as what are the uses of goat, what are the characteristics of a goat, what sound does a goat make, what is the life span of a goat, how many breeds of goats are available, what is a male goat called, what is a female goat called, what is a herd, what a goat eats etc.
10 Lines on Goat - Set 1 (for Class 1 Students)
1) Goat is a useful and a domestic animal which was tamed by humans from a very long time.
2) Goat has four legs and a small tail and has horns on its head; the size can be from small to medium.
3) Goat has hooves on its legs and a long beard on its chin and the skin of the goat contains fur.
4) Goat produces a “Bleat” sound which is like the sound of a human child.
5) Goat is an Herbivorous animal which means it eats grass, leaves, plants, fruits, vegetables etc.
6) On an average, a goat eats up to 2 to 4 kg of fodder every day.
7) A goat lives up to 16 to 18 years if they are kept in good condition.
8) A male goat is called as a “Buck” whereas a female goat is called as a “Doe”.
9) Female goat gives birth to its offspring, called as “Kid” and on an average a goat gives birth to 2 to 3 kids at a time.
10) There are over 300 breeds of goat which are known to the world.
We have given another set of ten lines on goat. After going through these lines, you will know the importance of taming goats. Furthermore, you can add these lines in your speech and extempore competitions in your school. This will also enhance your knowledge on this domestic animal which could be used in various quizzes and competitive exams:
10 Lines on Goat - Set 2 (for Class 2 Students)
1) There are 450 million of goats all over the world and in India their population is 140 million.
2) Generally, goats live alone or with their kids in a home but when they live in farm, male goats also live with them.
3) When too many goats move in a group, it is called as a “Herd”.
4) When a baby goat takes birth, it stands and takes its first step just after a few minutes.
5) The offspring of a goat is called as kid and when a goat gives birth to its babies, it is called “Kidding”.
6) Goats like to run and jump on the ground and climb on high rocks and enjoy playing.
7) Goats response to the human voice very well if they trust the voice of the human beings.
8) Goats, in general are very innocent and playful animal but sometimes they get angry and can hit with its horns and head.
9) Goats are tamed to get milk which is good for health, it also gives us skin by which leather items are made and the horn of goats are used for making buttons.
10) Goats have some importance in Hinduism as well as in Islamic religion; they are used for performing ritual for deities.
Goats are very useful animal for entire mankind because from goats, we obtain milk, meat, and skin. The skin of goat is used to make leather items and its horns are used to make buttons. Goats are very much beneficial for us either in living or after death. It is a herbivore animal which only survives on grass, leaves, plants, fruits and vegetables. Goat is milch cattle and is a business-friendly animal. Goat rearing is a profitable business and they are sold at good price once they grow up.