A generation gap is the term coined to reflect the difference of opinions and attitudes between two generations (younger generation and older ones). The concept came into highlight in the middle of 19th century when younger generation started going against thoughts and ideas of their parents with regard to family values, art and culture, socio political views and the government. We have often seen in many families that younger ones generally connect easily with the persons of same age group; however it becomes difficult for them to understand the people from older generation.
Ten Lines on Generation Gap
1) A generation gap refers to the difference of thoughts, ideas, opinions, perception between two generations.
2) The main reason of generation gap is ever changing time, thoughts and beliefs.
3) The technological changes happening around the globe have created huge gap in thinking of young and old generation resulting to ‘Generation Gap’.
4) Lack of healthy and proper communication between generations also leads to the generation gap.
5) Younger generation are spending more time on mobile and internet resulting in communication gap with their parents.
6) Greatest Generation, Silent Generation, Baby Boomers, Generation X, Millennial, and Generation Z are few categories of generation.
7) Each group is unique in itself in terms of thinking, perception, opinions, actions and ideas giving us the best example of ‘Generation Gap’.
8) Generation gap is creating wide range of issues worldwide and is cause of concern for many developed nations like America and Russia.
9) Generation gap is causing loss of peace of mind as they are unable to respect each other’s opinions and getting involved in the argument frequently.
10) In today’s world, children are not having respect towards their parents and they leave home citing reasons of emotional stability and generation gap.
1) Generation gap is the differences between generations which may lead to various types of conflicts.
2) The reason behind conflicts could be the different behavioral pattern of people undergoing through various situations and circumstances.
3) The upbringing of an individual can also be one of the reasons for the difference in ideas and opinions between generations.
4) Older generation people have limited access to technology and gadgets thus their way of thinking differs from the younger generation people.
5) Nowadays the bigger challenge for employers is to reduce the generational gap at workplace in order to reduce the conflicts and maintain harmony.
6) Cooperation, healthy conversation over wide range of topics would resolve the complexities in relationship reducing the generation gap.
7) People should also learn the skill of handling other individuals to resolve the differences.
8) The process of conciliation, negotiation and mutual agreement play very crucial role in resolving major conflicts due to generation gap.
9) People should also learn the attribute of respecting each other’s opinion which would in turn resolve the issues quickly.
10) In order to build the close bond in a relationship and sort out the difference, people should spend quality time with each other.
1) The generation gap is explained as the difference of ideologies of people belonging to two different generations.
2) In modern time when there are fast changes in every region of the world; the views of people born in different times are also different.
3) Thoughts of different people do not match, although both people are right in their own way and confrontation occurs.
4) The main impact of the generation gap is on the relationship between parents and children.
5) Nowadays people prefer to be more independent and at the same time prefer to maintain more privacy although the thinking of parents is slightly different.
6) Parents want to teach morality and practicality in their children, due to which conflict is often seen in their relationship.
7) It is the main odds of generation gap that one generation does not agree with the other generation's views or questions them.
8) If there is no difference in the generation, we will not progress and no purpose will be left to live our life.
9) Children want to know the reason of everything but parents only impose these things on children and their curiosity remains incomplete.
10) We should avoid doing this, because doing so, increases tensions between two generations and often leads to confrontations.
1) When there is a difference in the thoughts and modalities of two generation individuals over time, it is called generation gap.
2) The term generation gap first originated in 1960.
3) This was a time when it was seen for the first time that a child went against every rule of his parents or started questioning them.
4) People of earlier generations often used to live in a joint family but with changing times the situation of youth is changing and all of them are starting to give priority to privacy.
5) Rather it is a very good thing for humans because on the basis of this we are better and can change ourselves with the changing world.
6) Parents feel that they are right everywhere but they should take the opinion of both the sides and talk to their children well before making every decision.
7) In such a situation, if the child has different thoughts, then the parents should handle it efficiently and pacify every curiosity of the child.
8) They should tell all things to their child and encourage them to put their views before them.
9) Parents should allow their child to be self-reliant because if they come in the midst of everything, then they will not learn to take decisions on their own.
10) In some of these ways, they can avoid the damage caused by the generation gap and their relationship can continue.
Generation gap is universal concept which has persisted in every generation since the time we have evolved as humans on this planet. It has not only impacted the lives of individuals in families but also at work place. Many companies across the globe are hiring mentors and coaches in order to train the people and make them learn effective team work and collaboration which would help to reduce and sort out the differences of opinions.
Younger generation – Generation Z and millennial group have the bigger role to play when it comes to foster healthy environment not only at work place but also in the families by respecting the older generations.