Election is considered as the pillar of democracy and it is one of the important political processes in a democratic nation. Democracy, on the other hand, is a system where the government is chosen and run by the people of the country. Hence election and democracy go hand in hand in every democratic country in the world.
A free and fair election is very important for the establishment of democracy in the country and accepting the opinion of the public. Democracy means the government for the people, of the people and by the people and election is a tool which helps to accomplish this. Election gives a platform to the people of a country so that they can voice their opinion in support or against the democratic government.
Ten Lines on Election and Democracy in English
We are providing here 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on Election and Democracy in English Language for students of Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. Students can get help in their studies from these sets of lines and complete their home work, assignments, project work and can get knowledge within less time also. So, let’s start:
10 Lines on Election and Democracy
1) Democracy is a system in which the government in a country is chosen by its citizens through public voting.
2) Election supports democracy as it is the process through which the citizens of a country choose their representative.
3) Election acts as a way of safeguarding democracy in a country and avoiding it to head towards anarchy.
4) A free and fair election is a must else it will lose its value and trust of the people challenging democracy in a country.
5) If there is no election in a country, there will be no democracy which will ultimately lead to dictatorship.
6) Election makes the representatives in the democratic government accountable to the public as they can be voted out if not performed.
7) The government elected through public voting has to function according to the laws and constitution of the country which is essential for democracy.
8) Democratic elections are also important as without the election the government might make decisions that might oppress the citizens.
9) The best example of election and democracy can be seen in India where the government is chosen every 5 years through a free and fair election.
10) Election is also called as the backbone of democracy since it provides the needed support which makes the people vote freely for a better government.
10 Lines and Sentences on Election and Democracy
1) Election and Democracy go hand in hand since elections are the backbone of democracy and democracy could not exist without an election.
2) In a democratic country, it is the people who decide the government for the country through elections and it is they who can uproot the incumbent one.
3) Election gives us the freedom to send our representatives to the parliament who takes major decisions for the welfare of the public.
4) The representatives express the demands of the citizen and talks for their rights and freedom which is essential for a democratic nation.
5) Public voting is the essence of democracy which gives the freedom to the people to vote for their favorite candidate in the election.
6) It also ensures that the voting is done in a fair way without any force or influence.
7) A free and fair election in a country is a sign of healthy democracy and reflects the positive mood of the people.
8) For a healthy democracy, the efficiency and transparency of the electoral agency also play a crucial role in conducting elections.
9) A country that has mature public, an efficient electoral process and a healthy political system will always have a successful establishment of democracy.
10) Election makes a government accountable and public friendly which works for the betterment of the country and its citizens.
5 Lines on Election and Democracy
1) Democracy is built on elections.
2) In a democracy people choose leaders via elections.
3) In a democracy, elections are held at regular intervals.
4) Election is the backbone of democracy.
5) Democracy relies on elections since the 17th century.
20 Lines on Election and Democracy
1) Democracy is a government where the power lies in the people’s hands.
2) People in democratic nations have the right to express their opinions.
3) This takes place by the elections held in the nations.
4) The election is an important procedure in democratic nations.
5) The process of election is almost the same in every democratic nation.
6) It is held for different political positions at regular intervals.
7) Democracy cannot exist without the process of elections.
8) People choose their representatives by participating in elections.
9) They give their votes in favor of the deserving candidates.
10) Everybody in the nation above 18 years of age has the right to cast their votes.
11) Democracy and Election are interdependent on each other.
12) Democracy states that people have the right to form the government.
13) The formation of government is not possible without elections.
14) The votes of people have a major role in the formation of the government.
15) People cast their votes by secret ballots or EVM (Electronic Voting Machine).
16) Transparency is observed in conducting the elections.
17) The election commission is established for organizing the elections in the nation.
18) The winning candidates hold the political positions in the governance.
19) People have the power to remove them if they are not working properly.
20) A good governing system is a sign of healthy democracy.
Election and democracy are inter-related and one could not stand without the other one. Democracy provides power in the hands of the people and through the process of election people exercise their power for their welfare.
Election and democracy both are essential for the smooth functioning of the government and missing either of them will lead the country towards monarchy or anarchy form of government which will never focus on the welfare of its citizens.