Dry lands with huge cracks developed in it leaving no trace of single plant growing are known as drought situation. The scary picture of drought can be seen when farmers keeping their hand on their forehead, express their sorrow by looking to the deteriorated condition of their lands without a drop of water or a hope of rains.
Drought can be called as a seriously deteriorating condition of an agricultural land which is unable to produce any food grain due to scarcity of water. Drought ranges into a very huge area covering several districts of any state.
Ten Lines on Drought in English
We are providing ten lines drought in English. After reading these lines you will know that what is a drought, how drought occurs, how people are responsible for drought, what damage drought does, how famine occurs, what are the after effects of drought, who are worst sufferers of drought, which countries are frequently affected of drought etc.
You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. You can use these lines if you have to write few lines on drought, essay on drought or essay on effects of drought.
10 Lines on Drought – Set 1
1) Drought is the continuous period of dry weather which extends up to few months or few years.
2) Drought is a natural event which is caused due to change in climatic conditions like “El-Niño” and other changes in weather.
3) Mostly drought is generated by man-made activities like deforestation, global warming, climatic change etc.
4) Trees, crops and plants need water to grow but water scarcity prevents their growth and they eventually die which results into drought.
5) Droughts can be dangerous resulting in deaths of both, people as well as animals.
6) Drought can cause famine by converting that place into a desert resulting in a huge loss of lives.
7) Drought affects a place very slowly and it becomes difficult to decide when it will start and when it will come to an end.
8) Drought reduces the crop production and results in food shortage leading to price rise.
9) Farmers are highly affected by drought when rain doesn’t occur resulting in huge loss of crop production.
10) The countries which are worst affected by drought are Afghanistan, Brazil, Cuba, Morocco, Iran, China, Bangladesh etc.
We have provided another set of ten lines on drought in English. After going through these lines, you will know that what a drought means, how many times drought has affected India, name of the famous famine which took lots of lives, how drought occurs, which states of India are most affected by drought, what happens to the crop yield after drought, what happens to the farmers after drought, what is rainwater harvesting, how water can be used in various ways etc.
10 Lines on Drought – Set 2
1) Drought is a serious condition of an area where there is no rain for a continuous period of time.
2) India also has been worst affected by drought resulting in millions of deaths in 18th, 19th and 20th century.
3) One of the worst famines which occurred in India was “The Bengal Famine” in which one-third of the population died.
4) Indian agriculture highly depends on climate where a good rainfall results into good crop production.
5) When scanty or no rainfall occurs in any part of the country that results into drought which lowers the crop production.
6) There are different parts of India which are drought prone viz, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Orissa, Gujarat, Rajasthan etc.
7) A major effect of drought occurs on the people who are engaged in agriculture and allied activities.
8) Farmers commit suicide due to huge loss in the agriculture produce and inability to pay back the loans.
9) For tackling drought, we should adopt “Rainwater Harvesting”, which is the process of collecting rainwater and using it later.
10) Waste water must be treated and purified which can be used for cleaning, washing irrigating the field etc.
A new set of Ten Lines on Drought is being provided here that will review your knowledge about a severe natural condition that affects the life of flora and fauna on the earth.
This set of Ten Lines on Drought will elaborate the causes, effect and consequences of drought. Through these special points you will also know that it not only dried out the vegetation cover on the earth but also makes the soil less fertile. This set of Ten Lines on Drought is also important for students. They may use these facts in all forms of writing in their academics.
10 Lines on Drought – Set 3
1) Drought is a condition when parts of the world are deprived of rain for months or sometimes throughout the season.
2) The occurrence of drought is a common sight in many parts of the world.
3) Some of the effects of drought include crop failure, financial loss; price rise and soil erosion.
4) Many people and animals have also died due to starvation in many parts of the world.
5) Drought, resulting in water scarcity, is mainly due to lack of rainfall.
6) It is especially a curse for farmers because it destroys their crops.
7) Constant drought-like conditions also make the soil less fertile.
8) Deforestation is one of the main causes of rain deficiency that leads to drought.
9) This reduces the ability of the soil to hold water and increases evaporation; both these are the cause of low rainfall.
10) Drought disrupts the day-to-day life of the people and has a wide impact on various areas.
Another set of Ten Lines on Drought has been bestowed below for the perusal of the readers that will make them able to understand that what is drought, what are its impact on human as well as on plants and animals and how it affects the agriculture.
This set of Ten Lines on Drought is especially designed for the young learners that will help them in writing few words on drought as well as they can use it in morning speeches, G.K. contests and various kinds of tests.
10 Lines on Drought – Set 4
1) When there is less or less than normal rainfall in a particular region, a drought situation arises in that area.
2) Although drought is a natural disaster, but human activities are also responsible for its occurrence.
3) The result of forest destruction and unnecessary tampering with nature is that drought arises somewhere.
4) Crops dry up due to drought and lack of food, fruits, milk and vegetables can be seen.
5) Clean drinking water is not available for humans and animals.
6) People become victims of starvation and the scarcity of food.
7) Animals die due to lack of fodder and water.
8) The severity of a drought depends on its duration, lack of moisture and the size of the affected area.
9) The loss in agriculture due to drought affects the income of farmers and their purchasing power and makes them unemployed.
10) Climate changes such as rainfall amounts and patterns in India from the southwest monsoon are mainly responsible for the drought.
We all know that drought is a serious concern for any country and nowadays it has become a global concern as many countries are facing the menace of drought. But drought is not a big deal which can’t be handled. All we have to do is to save water and reduce the wastage of water; we must recycle the waste water and adopt rainwater harvesting. Ground water recharge is also a major technique which can bring water levels up. Government must adopt laws against deforestation and promote the increase of natural vegetation. By these ways we can defeat drought and can bring back prosperity among farmers.