“Mahaparinirvan Diwas” is celebrated on 6th December every year on the occasion of the death anniversary of “Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar”, popularly known as “Babasaheb”. Mahaparinirvan Diwas is celebrated to honor and remember the contributions made by Babasaheb to Indian society. It is also celebrated to respect his struggle against caste inequalities. He is known as the “Father of the Indian Constitution”. He, throughout his life always talked about such a society in which all the people will be treated as equal.
Mahaparinirvan Diwas is widely celebrated all over India with great zeal and zest. People from different cities and villages celebrate this day in their own style. On this occasion some states declare holidays and some organize various functions to celebrate this day.
Ten Lines on Dr. Ambedkar Mahaparinirvan Diwas in English
We are providing here some sets of 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on Dr. Ambedkar Mahaparinirvan Diwas 2022 in English for Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. You can add these lines to your essay and paragraph writing competition held at this event.
10 Lines on Dr. Ambedkar Mahaparinirvan Diwas
1) “Mahaparinivan Diwas” is celebrated on the 6th of December every year to observe the death anniversary of “Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar”.
2) Mahaparinirwan Diwas is celebrated to honour the contributions given by Babasaheb to India.
3) Dr. Ambedkar always struggled against the inequalities which were widely spread in India.
4) He was a noted educationist, economist, freedom fighter and social reformer of India.
5) Babasaheb always talked and dreamt of such an Indian society in which all people will be considered equal.
6) He was popularly known as “Babasaheb” and he was also known as “Father of the Indian Constitution”.
7) Babasaheb received “Bharat Ratna” award in 1990 for his contribution in making constitution and serving the Indian society.
8) In 2018 “Mahaparinivan Diwas” is being celebrated as 62nd death anniversary of Babasaheb Ambedkar.
9) Several programs are organised in all over India including the localities and villages to celebrate this special day.
10) Tribute is given to Babasaheb in the parliament by the President, Vice-President, Prime Minister, and other parliamentarians.
10 Lines and Sentences on Dr. Ambedkar Mahaparinirvan Diwas
1) Mahaparinirvan Diwas is observed annually on 6th December as Dr. Ambedkar’s death anniversary.
2) The name “Mahaparinirvan” is based on the Buddhist concept of attaining final nirvana (awakening).
3) It marks seven days event at Chaitya Bhoomi in Mumbai, the resting place of Dr. Ambedkar.
4) Statue of Dr. Ambedkar in public places, offices and houses are garlanded and paid homage.
5) On this day Dr. Ambedkar’s last rights were performed under complete Buddhist rituals and customs.
6) Millions of Buddhists reach Chaitya Bhoomi from 1st Dec to 7th Dec to pay their respect to Babasaheb.
7) The event is organized by Mumbai Municipal Corporation and several volunteers.
8) Arrangements for sanitation and water at Chaitya Bhoomi are made for the convenience of visitors.
9) Indian government has announced to establish “Panchteerth” i.e. five sacred places related with the life of Babasaheb.
10) Panch teerth includes Babasaheb’s birthplace in Mhow MP, memorial in London, “Deeksha Bhoomi” in Nagpur, “Mahaparinirvan Sthal” in Delhi, and “Chaitya Bhoomi” in Mumbai.
5 Sentences on Dr. Ambedkar Mahaparinirvan Diwas
1) It is the death anniversary of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar.
2) It is observed on 6 December.
3) It commemorates his contribution.
4) On this day, people pay tribute to him.
5) People also offer garlands to his statue.
20 Lines on Dr. Ambedkar Mahaparinirvan Diwas/Din
1) Mahaparinirvan Diwas is celebrated on the 6th December of every year.
2) It is the day to commemorate the death anniversary of Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar.
3) Dr. Ambedkar was died of Diabetes on 6th December 1956.
4) He was cremated at Dadar Chowpatty beach which is known as ‘Chaitya Bhoomi’ now.
5) As estimated, about 3 lakh people visit Chaitya Bhoomi every year on the occasion of the day.
6) The day is an inspiration for Ambedkar’s followers from India and from abroad as well.
7) On this day, people bring flowers, garlands and candles to pay tribute to their great leader.
8) All the arrangements of the day are made by Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC).
9) The chanting of ‘Jai Bheem’ can be heard everywhere on this day.
10) Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar and Mahaparinirvan Diwas will always remain very close to our heart.
11) Mahaparinirvan Diwas is observed in India to pay respect to Dr. Ambedkar on his death anniversary.
12) Followers of Babasaheb believed that he attained Mahaparinirvan as Buddha, due to his great work.
13) The event is reverently observed by millions at Chaitya Bhoomi, Dadar in Mumbai.
14) President of India pays floral tribute to Babasaheb’s statue at Sansad Bhawan Lawns in Parliament.
15) Year 2021 will be observing the 66th Mahaparinirvan Diwas of Dr. Ambedkar.
16) Prime Minister, Cabinet Ministers and leaders of opposition also pay their homage to Dr. Ambedkar.
17) Functions are organized at various places throughout India, in reverence to Dr. Ambedkar.
18) People remember Babasaheb’s remarkable achievements and fight against caste discrimination.
19) People and politicians take vows to eradicate caste discrimination as professed by Babasaheb.
20) Commoners, politicians and dignitaries interact on social media, propagating views of Babasaheb.
10 Lines on Dr. Ambedkar Mahaparinirvan Diwas/Din
1) Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar took his last breath on 6th December 1956.
2) Mahaparinirvan Diwas is celebrated on the 6th December annually to commemorate his achievements.
3) Dr. Ambedkar was cremated according to the Buddhists at Chaitya Bhoomi on 7th December 1956.
4) Chaitya Bhoomi has now become a great place to visit in Mumbai.
5) Gathering of people at Chaitya Bhoomi usually starts from the first day of December.
6) The Buddhists are found most devoted on Mahaparinirvan Diwas.
7) All the statues of B.R. Ambedkar across the nation are cleaned and decorated on this day.
8) A quiz, essay and speech competition is also organised by the educational institutions.
9) In the year 2019, the World is celebrating the 64th Mahaparinirvan Diwas on Friday.
10) The state and central government take care all the amenities to be provided to the follower of Dr. Ambedkar on this day.
Babasaheb Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar was a great personality. He was a politician, economist, social reformer and thinker, educationist, and freedom fighter. He is popularly known as the father of the Indian constitution. He always advocated for equality of all the people and talked about such a nation where no caste inequality will exist, all people will live in India with equality. Mahaparinirvan diwas is celebrated as the death anniversary of Babasaheb, this special day is also observed to remember his teachings and contributions to Indian society.