Dowry system is a dent on the marriage which either destroys a bride’s family or generates hatred between the bride and the groom’s family. Every parent has lots of aspirations related to their girl’s marriage. They think that their girl will go to a good family where she will have every comfort and her life will become a bed of roses. But reality is very harsh from those beautiful aspirations.
Dowry system is such a curse on the society where the goodness of a girl and her education doesn’t matter. The only thing which matters most is how much dowry she can bring to the groom’s family.
Ten Lines on Dowry System in English
We have provided ten lines on dowry system in English. After reading these lines you will know that what is dowry, when dowry becomes a system, how dowry is an evil, when marriage of a girl is cancelled, when situation in dowry system becomes critical, why brides commit suicide, how many cases of bride burning and dowry deaths are reported every year, what government has done against dowry etc.
You can add these lines in your essays or paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. It will also enhance your knowledge on this social evil, and you can also use these lines if you have to write an essay on dowry system or what are the evils of dowry system essay or even a long speech on dowry system:
10 Lines on Dowry System – 1
1) Dowry is those gifts which are given to the bride from her father’s side at the time of her marriage.
2) Dowry becomes the system when the groom’s family demands expensive gifts from the bride’s family.
3) It is one of the evils of Indian society which has ruined lots of families.
4) In spite of its ill effects, dowry system is still practiced in the Indian society.
5) While finalizing the marriage, the groom’s family starts pressurizing the bride’s family for dowry.
6) Many marriages have also been cancelled where the bride’s family was unable to fulfill the huge demands of the groom’s family.
7) Situation becomes critical after marriage when the bride is tortured, beaten and abused for not bringing proper dowry.
8) Regular torture and insult forces the bride to commit suicide or is forcibly burned by the groom’s family.
9) Police says that it receives over 2500 reports of bride-burning and 9000 reports of dowry deaths every year.
10) Government has made strict laws to stop dowry deaths and punish those who practice dowry system.
We have provided another set of ten lines on dowry system. After going through these lines you can know that what are the demands in dowry, when problem in marriage starts, what groom’s family do for dowry demand, what happens when dowry demand is not fulfilled, how many cases of dowry deaths are registered daily, is there any demerit in the laws against dowry, why supreme court has raised concern, what the police is instructed to do in dowry cases etc.
You can use these lines in your speeches and extempore in the school competitions. You can also use these lines to raise social awareness among people against his social evil.
10 Lines on Dowry System – 2
1) Dowry is the giving of items such as gold, cash, vehicles, property etc to the groom from the bride’s family.
2) The problem starts when the groom’s family starts demanding more dowry from the bride’s family.
3) Groom’s family gives constant pressure to the bride’s family for fulfilling dowry demands.
4) If the dowry’s demand in not fulfilled, then either the marriage is cancelled or bride is tortured after marriage.
5) Many brides commit suicide after facing regular insult and torture from the groom’s family.
6) Around 21 cases are registered daily across the country regarding dowry deaths.
7) Though dowry is illegal in India and is a punishable offence but still people practice this evil in our societies.
8) Nowadays false cases have also been reported in dowry harassment against the groom and his family.
9) Supreme Court of India has raised its concern on the increasing number of false cases against dowry harassment and instructed to take action against it.
10) Dowry is a social evil which needs social awareness and need to educate people about its effects then only it could be eradicated from our society.
Dowry system has taken lots of lives of the girls leaving their parents fighting for justice. Though government has made stringent laws in order to curb this menace but still it prevails in the society. If we want to eradicate this evil then we need a unison effort from each and every person who pledges to neither take nor give dowry, then only we can fight this social evil. We should also raise awareness among people and complain against the people who are practicing dowry.