Dhirajlal Hirachand Ambani, popularly known as Dhirubhai Ambani was an Indian business magnate who founded Reliance Industries. Dhirubhai Ambani was a great industrialist of India, who achieved success with his innovative ideas, determination, willpower and hard-work. The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry called him the ‘Indian Entrepreneur of the 20th Century’.
Ambani was born on 28thDecember 1932 in Chorwad, Junagadh district, in Gujarat. His father, Hirachand Gordhanbhai Ambani, was a school teacher and mother, Jamnaben Ambani, was a housewife. After completing his high school, he moved to Yemen and served as a clerk in A. Besse & Co. in Suez.
He returned India in 1958 and began a textile trading company with the investment of only INR 50,000. Then he founded a textile mill in Naroda industrial area in Ahmedabad. He put foundation stone of Reliance Industries in 1966. At present the company has more than 250,000 employees and paying 5% of the total tax revenue of the Indian Govt.
By his hard work and perseverance he extended his business into petrochemicals, information technology, telecommunications, power, energy, capital markets, infrastructure services, retail, logistics and textiles. The branded fabric is branded by the name Vimal is a part of his business.
Ten Lines on Dhirubhai Ambani in English
In the following ten lines we are providing few important details about an Indian business tycoon Mr. Dhirubhai Ambani. Through these points we will know about his life, work and success. We will know that how he established his business, what he achieved in his life, and what the position of Reliance industry is, and who is carrying his legacy. These lines will prove to be important for the readers as the feel pleasure and get inspired. School going children from class 1 to class 8 will get benefitted from these facts as it will be useful for them to include these lines in their assigned tasks.
10 Lines on Dhirubhai Ambani – Set 1
1) Dhirajlal Hirachand Ambani was born in a Modh Family in Gujarat.
2) His father Hirachand Gobardhandas Ambani was a school teacher.
3) Dhirubhai first stepped into business by selling Bhajias to the pilgrims in Mount Girnar.
4) After matriculation he moved to Aden, Yemen and worked as a gas-station helper for A. Besse & Co. at the salary of only Rs. 300 per month.
5) In 1958, he set up a textile trading company, Majin, with his cousin Champaklal Damani.
6) He started his textile mill in Naroda, Ahemdabad with the brand name Vimal.
7) His first office was a 350 Sq. Ft. room at the Narsinathan Street in Masjid Bunder, Mumbai consist of only 2 tables, 1 land-line phone and 3 chairs.
8) Hindi film 'Guru', produced by Maniratnam was closely based on his life.
9) On 24th June 2002, he suffered a 2nd heart attack and was admitted to the Breach Candy Hospital in Mumbai where on 6th July 2002, he died after being in a coma for more than a week.
10) In 2016, Indian Government honored him posthumously with the 2nd highest civilian award of India- Padma Vibhushan.
In the next set of ten lines we have provided ten special points about a business entrepreneur Mr. Dhirubhai Ambani. Through these lines we have tried to peep into the every important aspects of his life. These lines will prove helpful in writing his biography. Students may use these facts in their school activities such as in paragraphs, essays, articles etc. The lines given here are in simple language to keep in memory so that it can be delivered in debates and speeches easily. Hoping that you will enjoy the topic:
10 Lines on Dhirubhai Ambani – Set 2
1) He set up his first 350 sq ft office in Masjid Bunder in Mumbai and started import- export business with his cousin Champaklal Damani.
2) During this period, Ambani and his family lived in a two-bedroom apartment at the Jai Hind Estate in Bhuleshwar, Mumbai.
3) Due to conflict with Damani the partnership was ended in 1965.
4) In 1966, he bought land in Naroda, Gujarat and established the first Reliance textile mill and crowned as ‘Prince of Polyester’.
5) Besides uncertainty in the economy and strict govt. rules and regulations he ventured The Reliance Industries into the field of petrochemicals.
6) He called the Indian investors and in response more than 58,000 investors invested their money in Reliance.
7) In 1980, he set up the Patalanga plant that manufactured polyester filament yarn and polyester staple fiber.
8) Dhirubhai had stepped into petrochemicals and established the Reliance Hazira plant in 1991 and made the largest oil and gas discovery in the KG-D6 block.
9) In 1986, approx. 350,000 investors from rural and urban areas had gathered in the Annual General Meeting that was held in Cross Maidan in Mumbai.
10) As on 2017, the company has more than 250,000 employees and a net worth of $ 35.7 Billion ranked among the top 100 in the Forbes list.
Legendary business Tycoon Dhirubhai Ambani had shown the path of industrial development in India. The legacy that he built and left behind continues to rule the upcoming generations in the country and the world. On his birth anniversary, we remember the business legend that grew from rags to riches!