Dalai Lama is a very renowned and Venerable person in Buddhism. There are many things to know about him that can amaze in many ways. You can have information about him through our sets of 10 lines on Dalai Lama below. The sets are easy to read, and you should check all of them right now.
Ten Lines on Dalai Lama in English
1) The word Dalai Lama means a teacher as deep as ocean.
2) He is stated as the supreme leader of the Yellow Hat school of Tibetan Buddhism.
3) Yellow Hat or Gelug is the most dominant among the four major schools of Tibetan Buddhism.
4) Tenzin Gyatso is currently serving as 14th Dalai Lama.
5) The formation Dalai Lama was initiated in the year 1391.
6) Gendun Drup was nominated as the first Dalai Lama in Tibetan Buddhism.
7) Dalai Lama is also considered as the descendant of Buddhism.
8) He guides and teaches the values of Buddhism to the people of Tibet.
9) This helps in maintaining unity and peace among the people of Tibet.
10) The Tibetan government was governed by Dalai Lamas till 1951.
1) Dalai Lama is considered a significant personality in Geluk Tradition.
2) Dalai is derived from a Mongolian word that means ocean or big.
3) Lama is a Tibetan word that means Master or Guru.
4) ‘Rgyal ba’ is the name given to Dalai Lama in the Tibetan language.
5) They spread the values and teachings of Buddhism among the people of Tibet.
6) Dalai Lama is stated as the religious leader of Tibetan Buddhism.
7) He is regarded as the 14th Dalai Lama in Tibet.
8) Dalai Lama governed Tibet till 1959, after that Tibet is under Chinese Govt.
9) He had attained fame as a famous leader in the world in 2013.
10) He was awarded the Nobel Peace prize in year 1989.
Set – 3
1) The word 'Dalai Lama' refers to the spiritual leader of Buddhism in Tibet.
2) There have been a total of 14 Dalai Lamas in history by now.
3) The first Dalai Lama was ‘Gedun Drub’.
4) In around the year 1411, he had become a prominent personality of Tibetan Buddhism.
5) The current Dalai Lama of Tibetan Buddhism is Tenzin Gyatso.
6) Dalai Lama is called a spiritual monk of Buddhism.
7) He works on spreading the messages of Buddhism across the world.
8) He also intends to make good relations with the other countries in the World.
9) Dalai Lama remains on this virtuous position till his death.
10) After his death, a new eligible person is appointed the next Dalai Lama.
Set – 4
1) The complete name of 14th and the current Dalai Lama is 'Jetsun Jamphel Ngawang Lobsang Yeshe Tenzin Gyatso'.
2) Gyatso had born on 6 July 1935 at Taktser village in China.
3) He became Dalai Lama on 17 November 1950, and he was then only 15 years old.
[4) He achieved the highest degree in Buddhist Philosophy, the 'Geshe Lharampa degree', in 1959.
5) He reached India for permanent settlement in 1959.
6) He lives in Assam here and works for the upliftment of Buddhists in India.
7) He has established many renowned institutions here like the Tibetan Institute of Performing Arts and the Central Institute of Higher Tibetan Institutes.
8) There have been many films and documentaries made on Dalai Lama including Bringing Tibet Home and Compassion in Action.
9) He got the Ramon Magsaysay Award in 1959 and many other awards in his life.
10) He has written his autobiography, namely 'Freedom in Exile'.
So Dalai Lama is a respectful personality. His contributions to spreading Buddhism and making people aware of its positive sides are tremendous. He has strengthened the roots of Buddhism and humanity in India and has made it an integral part of social, cultural, and religious development.