Barack Hussein Obama was born on 4th August 1961 in the capital city of Honolulu in Hawaii province of the United States. He was elected as the 44th President of the US. His nick name was Barry in his childhood. He spent most of his life in Hawaii province. Obama had completed his graduation in law in 1991 from Columbia University.
He had written two bestsellers- "dream from my father: A story of race and inheritance" and "the audacity of hope". On 20th January 2009 he had taken the oath of the office as the President of America. Before that he was the senior senator of Illinois and a candidate of President Election in 2008 of the Democratic Party.
He was the first African-American President of the US. He supported the formation of Bills on control on traditional weapons and uses of federal capital in 109th Congress. He visited Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa on his country’s behalf. He was awarded by Nobel Peace Prize in 2009 for his contribution on world peace.
Ten Lines on Barack Obama in English
Here we bestow few important points on the life of the American president Barack Obama such as how he was appointed as the 44th president of The US, his contribution to his nation, what were the impacts on world politics, etc. These few facts will be helpful for you to write essays articles, and assignments for students.
10 Lines on Barack Obama - Set 1
1) Barack Hussein Obama was born in a multiracial African- American family on 4th August 1961.
2) He was nominated as a candidate for the post of the American president as a Democratic member.
3) Before that he served as a senator from Illinois province from 2005 to 2008.
4) He had completed his graduation in law in 1991 and occupies the seat of the president of the Harvard law review.
5) He had worked as a community organiser and the citizen right lawyer in Illinois province before completing his third tenure in the senate of Illinois.
6) From 1992 to 2004 he taught constitutional law in Chicago Law University.
7) None months after his nomination as the President of US, Obama was awarded Nobel Peace Prize in 2009.
8) After the failure in the nomination in House of Representatives, he moved for the senate in 2003 and was elected as a senator.
9) In 110th congress, he contributed a lot in preparing the Bills on election scams, nuclear terrorism, and welfare of the soldiers as well as on Global warming.
10) He was awarded by the Noble Peace Prize in 2009 for his remarkable contribution in maintaining peace in the world.
Here we will learn more facts about the life of 44th president of America, Barack Obama. We can know about his childhood, education, family, achievements and many more. These special lines will surely enhance your knowledge as well as become a great source for you to complete your projects and other writing works.
10 Lines on Barack Obama - Set 2
1) Barack Hussein Obama Jr. was born on 4th August, 1961, in Honolulu, Hawaii province of America. His name, Barack, means “blessing” in Swahili. His childhood nickname was ‘Barry’.
2) Within couple of weeks after his birth, Obama moved to Seattle with his mother, while his father pursued graduation in Hawaii.
3) Obama met his future wife Michelle LaVaughn Robinson, a law graduate from Harvard and got married on 3rd October 1992.
4) He has two daughters, Malia Ann and Natasha (Sasha). The girls achieved the age of 10 and 7 years respectively when Obama was elected as the president of the US.
5) In 2004, he was nominated as a senate member with 70% votes defeating his nearest rival Alan Keyes.
6) He was sworn in as the President of the US on 20th January, 2009 at the age of 47 years and in his oath taking ceremony in Washington DC more than 2,000,000 people attended.
7) He was awarded by the Nobel Peace Prize in October 2009 for his “extraordinary efforts and contribution” in foreign policy and international diplomacy.
8) He was re-elected on 6th November, 2012, and taken the oath of office on January 20, 2013.
9) In March 2010, he signed on the Affordable Care Act to become a law, and more over 12 to 18 million Americans were benefitted and got the Health insurance coverage.
10) Time Magazine named him the “Person of the Year” for 2008. He again won this title in 2012.
In these ten points on Barack Obama, we have provided the life, career and achievements of the great personality. These important facts will definitely help students of lower and higher classes to complete their any kind of school assignment on the topic. Also it will prove important in debates, morning speeches as well as in the enhancement of general awareness.
10 Lines on Barack Obama – Set 3
1) Barack Obama is left handed and was the 6th president of US after war to be left handed.
2) For the audio version of his memoir ‘Dreams from My Father’ he was awarded Grammy in 2006.
3) At his teenage, Obama had worked at Baskin Robin Ice-cream Shop.
4) Obama is good at speaking Spanish.
5) Obama’s father was the senior economist in the Kenyan Government.
6) He completed his Bachelor of Arts from Columbia University in 1983.
7) He then earned Law degree from Harvard Law School in 1991.
8) He served as teacher of constitutional law at University of Chicago Law School from 1992 to 2004.
9) His autobiography ‘Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance’ was published in 1995.
10) He was skilled in Basketball and was so called "O'Bomber" during his High School.
Here we are going to provide you another important set of ten lines on the most loved president of United States, Barack Obama. These few facts are written in very easy language using simple words for the benefit of the students from class 1 to 8. Hope it will prove useful for the students in writing short notes, paragraphs, projects etc.
10 Lines on Barack Obama – Set 4
1) Obama worked as the director of the Developing Communities Project in 1993.
2) Some books by Obama are ‘The Audacity of Hope’, ‘Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughter’ and ‘Change We Can Believe In’.
3) In 2006 he won the Grammy for his reading of “Dreams from My Father”.
4) Obama lost his mother in 1995 when he was 34 years old.
5) Before their marriage, Michelle LaVaughn Robinson was the mentor of Obama at Harvard Law College.
6) Obama had promised his wife to quit smoking and he did it in 2010.
7) Obama was elected to the Illinois State Senate in 1996 and served until 2005 representing South Side neighbourhood of Chicago.
8) He had made a wording mistake in oath during first in inauguration in 2009 so the ceremony was held again on the next day.
9) Obama has read all the series of the book ‘Harry Potter’.
10) Obama uploads his weekly address on his Youtube channel.
Since, the completion of his second term as the President of the United States of America, Mr. Barack Obama has become more publically involved and keeping himself busy. So far he has kept away from political activities and is rallying more for social causes.