Cow in common language is a domestic animal; it is the most common domestic and farm animal of the world. Cows are commonly reared for meat products, milk and dairy products as well as skins for making leather goods. Cow dung is a beneficial product which is used for making dung cakes, used as fuel. Cow dung is also used as manure in the agricultural field.
It is a very useful animal which is reared in almost all parts of the world. It is a good source of income for a person or a family who rears these cattle.
Ten Lines on Cow in English
We are providing 10 lines on cow in English so that you can get a better overview about the cow. You can add these lines in your essay and paragraph in your exams and in various writing competitions in your school.
10 Lines on Cow – Set 1
1) The cow is a herbivorous animal and eats grass.
2) The four chambers in its stomach help in digesting food.
3) The life-span of a cow is around 20 years.
4) A cow needs around four hours a day to sleep.
5) Around 800 different species of cows are found in the world.
6) The cow is worshipped in Hinduism.
7) They can see in 360 degrees.
8) They can smell from a distance of six miles.
9) The cows are a social animal.
10) They only isolate when they are about to give birth to a calf.
10 Lines on Cow – Set 2
1) The cow chews 40 to 50 times with its 32 teeth.
2) They sleep while they are standing.
3) In a day, they need about forty pounds of food.
4) The skin of the cow protects it in winter.
5) The cow is called the animal with emotions.
6) The cow is a female, the male of which is a bull.
7) The cow dung is perfect to be used as compost.
8) The cow dung has anti-bacterial qualities.
9) Brazil is the country with most species of Cow.
10) The cow is the national animal of Nepal.
10 Lines on Cow – Set 3
1) Cow is a domestic animal which is reared mainly for milk and dairy products.
2) It is a female class of mammals; the male is called as “Bull”.
3) The offspring of a cow is called as “Calf”.
4) When cows move in a group, their group is called as “Herd”.
5) A young cow is called as a “Heifer”.
6) There is an estimate that approximately there are 920 breeds of cow in the world at present.
7) In India, cow is regarded as a sacred animal, hence it is also worshipped.
8) They are also rarely used for driving purpose, especially for driving the carts.
9) They drink up to 25 to 30 litres of water per day, equal to 1 to 2 buckets of water.
10) Their dung is used for making dung cakes which is used as fuel for cooking food etc as well as manure for agricultural fields.
We are providing another set of 10 lines on cow which will elaborate your understanding about this animal. Furthermore you can use in your speech and extempore in different events and competitions in the school.
10 Lines on Cow – Set 4
1) The oldest “Droimeann Cow” named as “Big Bertha” , died in 1993 attaining the age of 49 years.
2) The cow “Big Bertha” holds a record of producing 39 calves in its’s lifetime.
3) Heaviest calf ever was having a weight of 102 kgs from a “British Friesian” cow in 1961.
4) Among the breeds of cows, “Holstein” breed of cow from Germany produces most milk.
5) The average life of cows is of 25 years in a safe and healthy environment.
6) In Hindu religion, cow is considered as a sacred animal, people use to worship her as “Gau Mata”.
7) According to doctors, cow’s milk is considered as a perfect food, it gives physical and mental health benefits.
8) Cow’s skin is useful for making leather shoes, belts etc and horns are used for making buttons.
9) Now a days cow has became a symbol of politics, considered as a sacred animal some political parties are objecting at the use of beef (cattle meat)
10) Due to the cow politics many people have been killed belonging to a particular community through mob lynching.
Cow is considered as a wealthy animal, not only its milk has the medical and economic benefits; cow dung is also used as fuel and manure for organic farming. Cow gives birth to calves and when they grow bigger, they become ox which is used for ploughing the agricultural field. Rearing cow is a source of income. People especially the political parties should stop this petty politics on cow and they must not take the law in their hands by doing mob lynching.