Congo is an important River in Africa, especially in west-central Africa. It has also got the name of Zaire River. There are numerous facts to know about this historical river which we have compiled in the sets of 10 lines below. We would like to advise you to visit all of them and check their usefulness right now.
Ten Lines on Congo River in English
We are providing here 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on Congo River in English Language for students of Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. Students can get help in their studies from these sets of lines and complete their home work, assignments, project work and can get knowledge within less time also. So, let’s start:
10 Lines on Congo River
1) In Africa, Congo is considered to be the largest among the rivers.
2) Despite being the largest in Africa, it is the second-largest river in the world.
3) The source of the name ‘Congo’ is a territory of ‘Kongo’ from history.
4) Congo River is also the world’s deepest river having a depth of more than 220 m.
5) The mountains in Africa are the place of origin of the river.
6) It passes through the Kisangani district and turns from there towards the south-west direction.
7) The length of Congo River is 4370 km and the catchment area is 4,000,000 square km.
8) The tributaries which flow in Congo River are Kasai, Lukenie, Ubangi, Inkisi, etc.
9) The mouth of the Congo River was visited by a European in 1482 named Portuguese Diogo Cao.
10) Copper, sugar, and coffee are some products depending on the river for their trade.
10 Lines and Sentences on Congo River
1) The South Atlantic Ocean in Moanda is where the mouth of the Congo River is found.
2) Congo River is known by “Fleuve Congo” and “Rio Congo” in French and in Portuguese & Spanish respectively.
3) The vast drainage area of Congo River has a whole of the Republic of Congo, Central African Republic, Western Zambia, and Northern Angola.
4) The Congo River mostly flows nearby the equator of the earth.
5) Due to some high-speed currents, the river is not always fir for boating.
6) It is also a source of Hydro-electric power generation.
7) The river was first visited by the Europeans in 1482 then by the Portuguese Diogo Cao and a British exploration team also visited it in 1817.
8) The Congo River basin is the second-largest rainforest in the world and the equatorial climate which exists in the Congo basin gives a very dense evergreen forest.
9) Congo River also provides access to railways services to pass through three of its major falls.
10) The Congo River provides habitat to a vast variety of marine life.
5 Lines on Congo River
1) Zaire is another name for the Congo river.
2) It is the deepest river in the world.
3) It is about 4700 km in length.
4) It is among the largest rivers in Africa.
5) It is known as the world’s second longest river.
20 Lines on Congo River
1) Congo River emerges in west-central Africa.
2) It is regarded as the second longest river of Africa after the Nile.
3) It ranks as the world’s second-largest river in discharge volume.
4) The highland of northeastern Zambia between Lakes Tanganyika and Nyasa is the originating place of river Congo.
5) River Congo is 4700 km in length.
6) The area of the drainage basin of river Congo is 4014500 square km.
7) It is the world’s second-largest river basin after the Amazon River basin.
8) Kwa-Kassai, Lomami, Kwilu are the left bank tributaries of river Congo.
9) Sangha, Ubangi, Luvua are the right bank tributaries of river Congo.
10) Amur River empties into the Atlantic Ocean through the small town of Muanda.
11) River Congo is an important river in Africa.
12) The name Congo has been derived from the Kingdom of Congo.
13) It is also called as river Zaire.
14) River Congo is regarded as the major river that crosses the equator twice.
15) The river flows through the Congo Rainforests and nourishes it.
16) Congo River fulfills the needs of people residing on the river banks.
17) It transports about 86 million tonnes of silt in the Atlantic Ocean every year.
18) The river water is harnessed for the large production of hydroelectricity.
19) Inga Dam is the largest hydropower project among 40 hydropower projects in the Congo Basin.
20) Congo River basin is home to a rich variety of flora and fauna.
Congo River flows through the major parts of Africa making it an important river in the continent. It provides a basis for trade and survival to many people and also many important species. Due to its flow from important places in Africa, it is a very important river from ancient times.