The Yellow River or Huang He River is known as the second longest river in China after Yangtze River and the sixth longest river in the world. The Huang He River is also known as “The Mother River” and “The Cradle of Chinese Civilisation”.
In Chinese mythology, the Yellow River is also called as the home of the Chinese deity ‘Hebo’ who is considered as the God of the Yellow River.
The Basin of Huang He River was the birth place of ancient Chinese civilization and was the most prosperous region.
Yellow River is one of the several rivers which are essential for the existence of China, but on the same time it is also responsible for the devastating floods.
Ten Lines on Huang He (Yellow) River in English
We have provided ten lines on Huang He River in English for class 3, class 4, class 5 and class 6. After reading these lines you will know that what is Huang He River, for which Chinese deity Huang He is his home, from where Huang He River originates, what is the length and catchment area of Huang He River, what is the average water discharge of Huang He River, from which provinces does Huang He River flows, which major cities are situated on Huang He River etc.
You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. It will support your essays on Yellow River as well as related topics like Yellow River facts, where is the Yellow River is located, Yellow River flood or few lines on Yellow River.
10 Lines on Huang He (Yellow) River – Set 1
1) The Huang He or Yellow River is the second longest river in China after Yangtze River.
2) In Chinese mythology, Huang He River is also called home of the deity ‘Hebo’.
3) Huang Ho River originates from Bayan Har Mountains located in Western China.
4) Huang Ho is famous for carrying high amount of silt in its river bed.
5) Huang Ho River flows through nine provinces and gets emptied in Bohai Sea.
6) The length of Yellow River is 5464 km and the catchment area is 752,546 sq. km.
7) The average water discharge of Huang He River is 2110 cubic metres per second.
8) Due to frequent floods, the Huang He River is also known as “Sorrow of China”.
9) The Huang He River flows through Qinghai, Shanxi, Henan, Shandong etc provinces.
10) Major cities situated on the banks of Huang He are Wuhai, Jinan, Zhengzhou etc.
We have provided another set of ten points on Huang He River for class 9, class 10, class 11 and class 12. After going through these points, you will find that which is the sixth longest river in the world, what are the other names given to Huang He River, what is the origin of Huang He River, Huang He River is divided into how many parts, how many species of fishes are in Huang He River, which dams and hydroelectric projects are constructed on Huang He River etc.
You can use these lines in your speeches and extempore in the school competitions. These lines will also increase your knowledge on Yellow River and it will also be very useful in your seminars as well as in your GK quiz competitions.
10 Lines on Huang He (Yellow) River – Set 2
1) The Yellow River or Huang He is the principal river of north-eastern China and the second longest river in China as well as the sixth longest in the world.
2) Huang He River is also known as “Mother River of China” and “The Cradle of Chinese Civilisation”.
3) Huang He River rises in the southern Qinghai province on Tibetan plateau and crosses nine other provinces and the two autonomous regions during its flow to ‘Bo Hai’.
4) Huang He River is divided into three pair viz. the mountainous upper course, the middle course on the plateau and lower course across low plain.
5) Huang He River rises with a height of 15000 ft in the Bayan Har Mountains in the eastern plateau of Tibet autonomous region.
6) The middle course of Huang He River stretches more than 1800 miles with a great loop and flows into the area of 60,000 square km.
7) In the downstream towards Zhengzhou, Huang He broadens out to flow through Henan and Shandong provinces in the north China plain.
8) There are many tributaries which flow through Yellow River viz. White River, Black River, Huang Shui, Datong River, Daxia River, Tao River, Qingshui River etc.
9) The Yellow River basin is rich in fish with more than 160 species and 28 families; a typical fish called ‘Cyprinid’ is the most diverse family in the Yellow River.
10) Many hydroelectric power projects and bridges are constructed on Huang He River viz. Sanmenxia Dam, Liujiaxia Dam, Jinan Yellow River Bridge etc.
The Yellow River is known for the silt it carries in its river bed. About 1.6 billion tonnes gets collected at the point from where it falls from the Loess plateau and due to this Huang He River gets its yellow colour. Before the modern dams were constructed in China, the Yellow River was prone to frequent floods and taking lots of lives in past but in today’s scenario this situation has come to an end as the river is helping in China’s economy.