Charles Dickens was a very famous personality in the world in his time. You must have heard his name many times. If not, then you should visit all the sets of 10 lines on Charles Dickens we have created and provided below. They will give a lot of information about him, and you will come to know a lot about him.
Ten Lines on Charles Dickens
Set – 1
1) Charles Dickens’ full name was Charles John Huffam Dickens.
2) He had born on 7th February 1812 in Portsmouth in England.
3) His father John Dickens was a naval clerk and mother Elizabeth Barrow was a home-maker.
4) He had an interest in reading novels since his childhood.
5) He started his career as a journalist.
6) He married Catherine Dickens on 2 April 1836.
7) He wrote Christmas Carol in December 1843.
8) During the conduct of the French Revolution, he wrote the novel ‘A Tale of Two Cities’.
9) He died of a stroke on 9 June 1870.
10) Many directors chose his stories to make a movie on them.
Set – 2
1) Charles Dickens had born in a poor family.
2) He could not complete his schooling due to his financial status.
3) Dickens published ‘The Posthumous Papers of the Pickwick Club’ which later became very popular.
4) His first book was ‘Sketches by Boz’.
5) Dickens also had a five months visit to the United States with his wife.
6) His prominent novel “Oliver Twist” was being published in a series in the ‘Bentley’s Miscellany’, a monthly magazine.
7) He visited the United States for the second time in 1867 after the success of his novel.
8) His novel ‘David Copperfield’ is considered to be his autobiography.
9) His popular Oliver Twist, a series of novels, was published from 1837 to 1839.
10) It was Westminster Abbey where he was buried after his death.
Charles Dickens was a man of literary works. He made people learn what a literary skill is. He has inspired the entire world, and many avid writers and novelists have taken him as a motivation. We hope that the above sets would have made you completely aware of his life.